Changelog page information removal by you
Mashin, please stop unilaterally removing information from Changelog that has been added by others in good faith. The wiki is not your personal playground where you can select information you personally deem relevant and remove information you would like readers to not learn about. If your intention with the Changelog page was a personal log of changes curated by you then you should move the page to your personal namespace. A general Changelog page on the wiki will be open to editing by everyone and it is not up to you to decide what information belongs there and what does not.
I expect you to restore the information you removed yourself so others don't have to do that again.
- I could say the same. Since I created the page it was modified by adding info box and all the re-phrasings and additions. All of it is there as I think those are good information, but I made just one edit to streamline the content and it was reverted without any discussion. I don't think that is a good approach to start like that and then complain about your edits are changed as well.
- To explain, I created the changelog as a simple look up for what was recently changed in the world of OSM tagging and get quick access to other places where you can find tags description. I am not saying that describing the process of proposal and how to create a tag is not important. I am saying that in the context of that page is not relevant. The page is not about creating new tags. Imagine you are building a project based on OSM data and want to look what is new about tags so you can update your code, you don't want to read pages about how to make a perfect proposal, you don't really care about inside processes in that moment.
- But I absolutely support an idea of creating a page where all those things would be summarized because right now all the guides and rules are split into tens of pages and there is no single place that links them all. --Mashin (talk) 17:57, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
- I won't get into a discussion on the content of the page here. You repeatedly removed information added by others to the page without discussion even after you have been told not to do so by several people. Stop doing that! If you can't or don't want to do that you are not welcome on the OSM wiki. --Imagico (talk) 18:27, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
- Just look at the edit history. I was trying to streamline the page and it was you who came and reverted my change without even trying to discuss it. So please stop doing that and discuss what you want. This wiki is also not yours to decide what others can edit or not or tell then if they are welcome . --Mashin (talk) 20:31, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
New vote on Evaporation ponds
Thanks for voting! There were a few minor issues that were discovered after the vote started, and therefore the vote has been restarted. If you want you can participate in the new vote that was started at Proposed_features/Evaporation_basin. --ZeLonewolf (talk) 23:56, 17 February 2021 (UTC)