Using "satellite imagery" equals yahoo maps or other legal sources?
As usual I manage to make my point by only typing the title. Cheers logictheo 19:54, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I'm using only legal sources: yahoo, landsat and IRS(russian part that was kindly given to OSM by ScanEx)
There was a lot of tracing errors in past time, at present time I'm trying to avoid tracing roads -- Upliner 20:50, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
BuildingTools plugin node to building converter
You did a great job with your building tools plugin! Spacibo :-)
Maybe it could have an extra option:
When converting from nodes for house numbers to actual building outlines, it would be nice that the plugin detects that there is a node within the new building with address information. It could then copy all the tags/properties from this node to the new building and remove the node. What do you think about this? Does it sound feasible/useful?
Polyglot 10:18, 19 March 2011 (UTC)
- Nice idea. Done. -- Upliner 15:34, 25 April 2011 (BST)
- Cool feature! But I would like it even better if the original node wasn't deleted in the process. Perhaps you could reuse it as one of the corners? Or, or! Even better if that node could somehow become the building=entrance for the building! Not sure how to indicate where the entrance would be though... --Gorm 00:14, 7 June 2011 (BST)
- Perhaps the entrance node could be placed at the middle of the wall that is closest to a highway. Then, as long as the building tool is selected, if one tries to move an entrance node, it only moves along the walls of the building without breaking the geometry? --Gorm 10:10, 2 September 2011 (BST)
- Consider adding an option to the Address Dialog to allow the user to select the increment. For example, the neighborhood where I live increments addresses by 10, not 2. I suggest leaving the default at 2 and allowing the user to set other increments by entering an arbitrary value. — User8192 (talk) 21:55, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
Hello Upliner, thank you very much for a great plugin, it really makes building buildings so much easier.
Is it possible to include an option to autojoin overlapping areas when drawing them, this would reduce the number of clicks for creating strange shaped buildings even more, as the user would not have so select all the small squares and then join them in a separate action.
tktreload 11:02, 29 june 2012 (CET)
BuildingsTools: [FeatueRequest] round houses
Hi, first of all, thanks for the handy tool :) I'm mapping a lot of HOT tasks where there are not only rectangular buildings, but also round huts. Therefore I'm switching often between the BuildingsTool and draw line & Shift+O & Shift+R. Would it be possible to add a "round house" mode, for example hitting Ctrl and then two clicks? --Athalis (talk) 16:49, 14 January 2016 (UTC)