|latitude: 46.09, longitude: 25.51|
|Browse map of Romania 46°05′24.00″ N, 25°30′36.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Romania is a Country in Europe at latitude 46°05′24.00″ North, longitude 25°30′36.00″ East.
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to România.
- 1 Local chapter România
- 2 Cities
- 3 Administrative structure
- 4 Motorways
- 5 National roads
- 6 Railways
- 7 Air
- 8 People involved
- 9 Resources for mappers
- 10 Quality tools
- 11 External links
- 12 Kaart Mapping
Local chapter România
The Romanian mappers would like to start an ONG to better support this project. You can find more information about why this is needed and add yourself to the list of interested people by visiting the LocalChapterRomania page.
- Bucureşti (Bucharest)
- Târgu Jiu
- Tîrgu Mureş
- Tîrgu Frumos
The existing and planned motorway network of Romania is described below. As you can see, there is a lot to do...
|Motorway||Relation||Route||Length (km) / in use (km) / under construction (km)||Completed|
|; planned & under construction sections:||Bucharest - Piteşti - Râmnicu Vâlcea - Sibiu - Săliște - Cunța - Deva - Traian Vuia – Balinț - Timişoara - Arad - Nădlac > Hungary||620 / 213 / 120||100%|
|Bucharest - Feteşti - Cernavodă - Constanţa||206 / 206 / 0||100%|
|; planned & under construction sections:||Bucharest - Ploieşti - Braşov - Sighişoara - Târgu Mureş - Câmpia Turzii - Cluj-Napoca - Zalău - Oradea - Borş > Hungary||584 / 107 / 6.5||100%|
|Ovidiu – Agigea – Mangalia – Vama Veche > Bulgaria||82 / 22 / 60||90%|
|Balinţ (A1) - Lugoj - Caransebeș - Orșova - Drobeta-Turnu Severin (potentially Calafat – Craiova – Alexandria – Bucharest)||~250 / 11 / 10||0%|
|Ploieşti - Buzău - Focşani - Albiţa > Moldova||314 / 0||0%|
|Sebeș (A1) > Turda (A3)||70 / 0 / 0||0%|
|planned sections:||Târgu Mureș - Sovata - Praid - Ditrău - Tulgheș - Poiana Largului - Târgu Neamț - Pașcani - Târgu Frumos - Iași - Ungheni > Moldova||360 / 0 / 0||0%|
|Pitești (A1) > Craiova (A3)||121 / 0 / 0||0%|
|Sibiu (A1) > Făgăraş (A3)||72.5 / 0 / 0||0%|
|Hungary > Petea - Satu Mare - Baia Mare||~75 / 0 / 0||0%|
As this information is too big to put here we have a new page for this:
- DrumuriNationale: The network of national roads and its coverage in OpenStreetMap
- WikiProject_Romania/Road_network: a proposal for having a standardizes tagging schema for the road relations
The existing railway network of Romania is described below. As you can see, there is a lot to do...
|Braşov - - Sibiu - - - - - - - -||~500||~80%; sometimes the number of rails is not correct, the second rail all of a sudden stops...; not added stops/stations|
|- - - - - - -||647||~80%; sometimes the number of rails is not correct, the second rail all of a sudden stops...; not added stops/stations|
Have a look in Category:Users in Romania
|4||Mircea Vutcovici||Cluj, Buzău|
|7||Günter Neustädter||Arad, Sighişoara|
|8||Manuel R. Ciosici||Arad|
|13||Asztalos Attila Oszkár||Târgu Mureş|
|17||Alexandru Neagos||Transilvania Bucuresti|
|18||Glăja Cristian||Târgu Mureş, Mureș Region|
|19||Emil Burzo||Baia Mare|
|20||Bucharest, releasing BucharestApp for Mac OS X|
|21||Bucharest and Busteni, import batch data with modulo-bot and applying different corrections on Romania sub-set|
|24||Robert Grauenfels||Focşani (Vrancea)|
|29||Badita Florin||Bucharest - Import Tirgu Frumos - Romania|
Resources for mappers
- Current Romanian mailing list on OSM: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-ro
- Group on Facebook (for important technical discussions please use the mailing list above): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1487443198159793/
- Old discussion group in Romanian about OSM http://groups.google.com/group/ro-osm
- IntrebariFrecvente: intrebari pe care cu totii le-am avut la inceput. Pentru incepatori si nu numai (FAQ)
- Routable Garmin Map of Romania. Occasional updates. Harta României în format Garmin. Rutabilă. Actualizări ocazionale.
- Tutorial I: a first tutorial about GPS traces and online editor (in Romanian)
- Tutorial II - JOSM: a second tutorial dedicated to the use of JOSM editor (in Romanian)
- Tutorial III - Validating data: a tutorial dedicated to JOSM and Validator plugin (in Romanian)
- Tutorial IV - restrictii de circulatie: a tutorial dedicated to creating turn restriction (in Romanian)
- Ro:Names: Conventii de nume pentru Romania
- Ro:Map_Features: Map features Romania
- OpenStreetMap on Enciclopedia României
- on Wikipedia
Kaart conducts ground surveys for improvements to OSM data. A list of editors can be found on the here.
Bucharest (January, 2019)
- We focused on inputting street names wherever street signs could be found.
- Fixing inaccurate geometry was also a major focus.
- After the ground survey was conducted, our office team reviewed the footage gathered and updated street names by checking the consistency with current data and physical road signs.
- The team added turn restrictions, pedestrian crossings, surfaces to roads, lanes, and additional missing geometry.
Suggested Community Edits
- Due to time constraints, we were unable to drive all streets in Bucharest, but did drive most of them. We did our best to find street signs for streets missing names in OSM, but were unable to find all. Community contributions in this regard would be very beneficial.
- Further ground surveys by the local community would be very helpful in continuing the mapping efforts in Romania, especially in cities outside of Bucharest, where we were unable to drive.