|leisure = park|
|A park, usually municipal.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais an area of open space provided for recreational use, usually designed and in semi-natural state with grassy areas, trees and bushes. Parks are often but not always municipal.
Typically open to the public, but may be fenced off, and may be temporarily closed e.g. at night time.
How to Map
Ways (highway=path or highway=footway) leading into a park from a road, should always be connected to the road for routing purposes. It's debatable whether they should connect to the park area with a shared node, or cross over the polygon without connecting. TODO discuss
Note: Lakes and forests in/around a park belongs to it, so don't use a separate multipolygon to exclude them!
The normal view of a park is a green area within a town or cities. Parks in rural locations (e.g., areas named "National parks") are a totally different kind of thing. leisure=nature_reserve and boundary=national_park could be used, and not this leisure=park tag. example. There is also this proposal: boundary=protected_area.
- boundary=national park
- landuse=recreation_ground - An open green space for general recreation
- landuse=village_green - a distinctive part of a village centre
- landuse=grass - a smaller area of mown and managed grass
- leisure=garden - A place where flowers and other plants are grown
- tourism=theme_park - An amusement park where entertainment is provided by rides, game concessions