User talk:Verdy p
About Wikiproject Brazil
- I replied there. So there was nothing wrong in what I (and others) did before you deleted a lot of useful info that just contained some partial translation (a poor decision when all was needed was to improve the few missing translations). As well you should have read the doc. Blind deletions do not help anyone. — Verdy_p (talk) 01:22, 26 July 2017 (UTC)
Why did you revert all my changes in Pt:Pará? Besides the cosmetic changes (that you apparently had already accepted in the WikiProject Brazil), there was some text content in my editions that you also deleted.
Why don't you discuss first or contact the editors before deleting changes that you do not agree with? You don't seem to be a stakeholder in the mapping project to this location; why don't you let the local community decide how they want their project page, especially in their own language? –Virgilinojuca (talk) 13:00, 26 July 2017 (UTC)
- This is not voluntary, I did not want to "revert" these changes, but there was no edit conflict at all when I edited it. Probably a server-side cache problem when editing which sent me the wrong version content. This was not event visible in the "view diffs" before saving. I'll restore these. This wiki has some sever problems with its caches since MediaWiki 1.28 causing uinexpected artefacts and many internal bugs (look above, but the server logs are also capturing lot of fatal errors when parsing pages, and unhandled exceptions caused by its non-working defered tasks and checks). — Verdy_p (talk) 13:23, 26 July 2017 (UTC)
- This is corrected (I've checked the diffs). Sorry for this. — Verdy_p (talk) 13:34, 26 July 2017 (UTC)
You fixed a typo in the Italian text with this edit of the template however the page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IT:Featured_images/Apr-Jun_2017 still shows the wrong text. Any idea how we can refresh it? Dforsi (talk)
- The template you cite (Template:Featured_image_h3 used for the 3rd quarter) is not the one use for that is used for April-June (2nd quarter).
- A fix is then needed for the similar template used for the 2nd quarter (same name, only the last digit for that quarter number is to be changed to Template:Featured_image_h2)
- I passed time last month trying to fix more cirtical bugs affecting the current version of MediaWiki that has issues in its template cache and that was causing the calendar of events not working and "exploding" in its parser statistics. I found tricks to avoid such explosion, basically by using some shortcuts with less templates, and splitting one template in two parts: one for the header, another for the details for each week (so that they can show the translated descriptions). This was not easy to do because MediaWiki still has a problem tracking backward links such as the list of templates used in pages. And that bug is still not fixed, so I had to navigate through many pages and templates to see what was really recorded and looking at internal parser statistics to trace the resource usages for each one. I found the solution and fixed finally all the languages and the calendar is now working. Anyway I just resued the existing translations even if I fixed a few ones, I may have fogotten one Italian version. — Verdy_p (talk) 14:20, 8 August 2017 (UTC)