|tourism = zoo|
|A zoological garden, where animals are confined.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
is a place that has confined animals on display for viewing by the public. In addition, a zoo may also include unusual specimens of plants.
How to Map
Type of Zoo
You may specify the type of zoo:
- zoo=petting_zoo - Small zoo or garden for kids to touch and play with animals
- zoo=enclosure - An enclosure
- zoo=wildlife_park - A park where live indigenous animals.
- zoo=safari_park - A safari parks, if you can drive through the park with your own car or bus.
- zoo=birds - A bird park
- zoo=falconry - A place where birds of prey are kept and demonstrated.
- zoo=aviary - An aviary for birds
- zoo=reptile - often indoors, for snakes and other reptiles
Information about Zoo
Consider adding the following tags
Zoos are mostly confined, therefore you might want to add extra ways for:
Mind the nodes with the type of entrances/exits:
and specify them with names where given name=North Entrance.
Amenities in the Zoo
These are tagged either as isolated nodes or together with the building polygons.
These are the main attractions, therefore you might add each attraction as a node with the proposed tagging:
- name=African Elephant
- name:de=Afrikanischer Elephant (thus adding foreign languages)
or connect it to a corresponding wikipedia=* page.
When adding the buildings, please do not name the building after the anmials inside, but tag these with an extra node.
Of course if the building is really named, it should be tagged so, e.g. name=Elephant House.
How to Structure
More Structural Elements
You may add other natural elements such as water (for basins, ponds or lakes), beaches, as well as linear cliffs or waterways (and areas for their riverbanks). Some large zoos include their own local agricultural production for feeding their animals, which may be tagged as farmland (these subareas are generally not open to visitors and are enclosed with ditches, barriers and gates).
wikipedia=de:Zoologischer Garten Berlin