Denmark is a country in Europe at latitude 55°59′24.00″ North, longitude 9°25′48.00″ East.
||Denmark Mapping Project, |
the home of Denmark on the OpenStreetMap wiki.
|Hello! Welcome to the project for mapping efforts in Denmark!|
You can find here national events, ongoing projects, map status and mapping guidelines, as well as links to other pages directly related to the mapping of Denmark.
You may also find a list of contacts and mappers involved with the OpenStreetMap community in Denmark.
Open Street Map af Danmark
som i August, 2009
Open Street Map af Danmark
som i Juli, 2008
Open Street Map af Danmark
som i Juli, 2006
Back to the main page
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to Denmark. Please join the mailing list!!
If you have a goal that you are working towards or one that you would like to see get done (and are maybe willing to get the ball rolling) then add it to the list here, create a section where it can be coordinated and tracked, and a way of measuring progress. And then get on with it :-)
- Involve more people: How do we find them? Which are their driving forces? Should we have a meeting, a brochure, a T-shirt? Should we gather at conferences?
- Map major roads: motorways ("motorveje"), semi-motorway ("motortrafikveje"), primary and secondary routes ("primær-/sekundærruter").
- Map major cities. See list below. Find a way to estimate how large portions of their street network are covered.
- Can we find equipment so we can supply people who are roaming the street anyway with a GPS tracer? (lorry driver, taxi drivers etc.)
- Define Danish Da:Map Features (if there are any?)
- Tag all Danish National, Regional and Local cycle routes Cykel ruter
- Tag all of the Margueritruten in Denmark 
- Complete Solbjerg (8355) this winter
- Tag all Danish National, Regional and Local walking routes Denmark Walking Routes
See Danish towns for status.
List of places that have some mapped roads.
- I'm currently working on updating Nørrebro and NV from the Yahoo! Aerial Imagery. --KristianThy 15:32, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- Where are you getting the streetname data from ? It would be better if you just added the parks and lakes and such, from the sat imagery, since I still think the general consensus is that the street data should have corresponding GPX tracks uploaded. Dutch 21:52, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- I know them - I have lived in the area for 8½ years, was a postman for 4. I've walked every street in Cph NV at least once :). A GPX track doesn't show streetnames either - it just shows that someone with a GPS was there. Where I don't know the names, I'm only drawing the streets. --KristianThy 08:54, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- Veddelev is done. Traced from Yahoo!, and then a nice afternoon trip to fill in the names.
- Tåsinge, roads almost done, some landuse and locations has been added.
- Svendborg, all roads within the city limits has been mapped and tagged.
- Some landuse and locations has been added.
- Rantzasuminde has been mapped and tagged.
- Thurø, all roads (minus one) has been mapped and tagged.
- Small islands south of Fyn :
- Birkholm, road ;-) has been mapped, and tagged.
- Name of some islands has been added.
- Århus, wiki, progress
- Kolding, ongoing heavy mapping
- Samsø, ongoing mapping
- E20 - Done from Kolding to Copenhagen and to Kastrup Airport (Taulovmotorvejen-Østjyske Motorvej-Lillebæltsbroen-Fynske Motorvej-Storebæltsbroen-Vestmotorvejen-Køge Bugt Motorvejen-Amagermotorvejen-Øresundsmotorvejen) Segments corrected and aligned. Ways created, named and tagged. 27/jun/2006/Dutch
- E20 completed by connecting Esbjerg and Kolding (Esbjergmotorvejen). The Danish part (320 km) of E20 is now complete! (see it all)Miki dec. 2006
- E45 - Done from Tinglev (Sønderjyske Motorvej) to Kolding. Segments corrected and aligned. Ways created, named and tagged. 27/jun/2006/Dutch
- E47 - Køge Bugt Motorvejen part of E47 done (see E20). 27/jun/2006/Dutch
- E55 - Køge Bugt Motorvejen part of E55 done (see E20). 27/jun/2006/Dutch
- Motorring 3 - part of E47/E55 from E20/E47/E55 intersection of Køge Bugt Motorvejen, to Helsingør Motorvejen (E47/E55)
- Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen, Esbjerg
- Mikkel Mondrup Kristensen
- Jesper Sander, Køge
- J.D. Schmidt
- Bjorn Nicolaisen Jorgensen, Haslev
- Nikolaj Brandt Jensen, København N
- Jesper Henriksen, Lyngby
- Henrik Joergensen, København N
- Kent B. Hansen, Odense
- Esben Damgaard, Odense
- Anders Kvist, Aalborg
- Jan Krümmel, Frederikshavn
- Dan Faerch, Vejle
- Olaf Vollmer, Århus, Brabrand
- Frank Sørensen, Århus N
- Kim Foder, Svendborg
- Per Laustsen, Svendborg
- Morten Bek Ditlevsen, Tvingstrup (v. Horsens)
- Alexander Hunziker, København Ø
- Tobias Tobiasen, Ølstykke
- Johnny Carlsen, København
- Janus Sandsgaard, København
- Jens Winbladh, Kolding
- Peter Brodersen, København
- Martin Kruse Jensen, Grenaa
- Erik Klausen, Løgten v. Århus
- Ole Wolf, Nørresundby
- Freek, Århus
- Ole Nielsen
- Jesper Enderleit, Næstved
- Þórir Már, Malmö
- Carsten Nielsen, Blans - Sønderjylland
- Lars, Vejen
- StefanG, Esbjerg
- Morten Kjeldgaard, Århus C
- Henrik Kirk, Århus C
- Anders Rune Jensen, Nørresundby
- Søren Schrøder, Bagsværd - København
- Niels Elgaard Larsen, København Ø
- Mikko Räsänen, Aalestrup
Danish discussions concerning the map happens at talk-dk. A searchable archive can be found here.
The formerly announced Google group is closed. The archive can be found here
A page with all the permissions given for data given to OSM.
Check it out at Da:Permissions.
I (User:miki) have registered the openstreetmap.dk domain. Do we want to use it, and for what? Right now it is just a shortcut to the map of Denmark on .org. I imagine we could have some more dedicated Danish community stuff there, and by time maybe mirror data (tiles, way db etc) related to Danish territory to speed up access for Danish users? Or maybe all mapping related stuff should be left at .org and .dk be used as entry point for ordinary non-mapping Danish users of OSM?
Inconsistent tagging of Danish roads
If I read the wiki correctly a Danish road can only be secondary if it has a route number such as 211. If this is true then the vast majority of secondary roads in Copenhagen and Nordsjælland should become tertiary. This ruleset is followed in many parts of the country but not everywhere. I have a feeling that the map of Copenhagen would look strange if all the secondary roads inside the ring road O2 became tertiary and perhaps the web interface to the map of Copenhagen would become less useful, so I don't know if this retagging is a good idea, but at least it would be helpful for new users if the entire country could agree on the same set of rules. nielsellegaard
The inconsistencies have been fixed. Maybe we should delete this section now nielsellegaard
There is another inconsistent tagging problem which concerns the Danish-German border because there are no Danish secondary routes connecting German Landesstraßen. Maybe the road planners in Copenhagen didn't see the necessity to establish border-crossing secondary roads but I do. So I am going to tag those roads which connect the Danish-German border with the Danish numbered network as secondary roads.
--FK270673 12:45, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Map party Odense
See Odense for a map.
Map Party Århus
The map party in Tranbjerg is over. We made it all in one day!
Images: Tranbjerg fredag før party - Tranbjerg tirsdag efter party
Details on the next map party in Århus is here
Minutes from OSM meetings in Århus are here
Next Map Party in Århus area
For the next Map party in the Århus area (sometime october?) I suggest we focus on the pentangle Lystrup-Mørke-Voldum-Hadsten-Hinnerup, which is very "white".
Morten Kjeldgaard (mok0).
Tuesday 13 February 2007
Come and meet Steve Coast, founder of OSM, in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Agenda: OSM talk, help and hints, Setup a Danish mapping party, etc etc
- Present at the Mini-Meeting:
The start of the meeting got delayed about 30 minutes due to Steve and Nick's previous commitments in Copenhagen.
- TODO - Fill in items talked about
Info about official Danish digital maps
INSPIRE project (European Union geodata)
OSM rendered maps for Danish areas
Printed maps for Danish areas