|Access permission for boats|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
Legal access restriction for boats. In the sense of OSM these are small boats and pleasure crafts, including yachts.
The tag is also used to indicate if a river is navigable or not for boats, however, this is ambiguous, as it does not provide any information about the boat types for which this is valid.
See also access=* for values.
- boat=unknown The access conditions are unknown or unclear. This is the default value for most features.
- boat=yes The public have official, legally-enshrined right of access, i.e. it's a right of way.
- boat=designated The route is marked as being a preferred route, usually for a specific vehicle type or types.
- boat=permissive The owner gives general permission for access.
- boat=private The owner may give permission on an individual basis.
- boat=no Access by this transport mode is not permitted, they don't have a right of way.