From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Access permission for boats without a motor or sail|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Legal access restriction for boats without a motor or a sail like canoes, kajaks or rowboats.
- canoe=yes The public have official, legally-enshrined right of access, i.e. it's a right of way.
- canoe=no Access by this transport mode is not permitted, they don't have a right of way.
- canoe=unknown The access conditions are unknown or unclear. This is the default value for most features.
- boat=designated The route is marked as being a preferred route, usually for a specific vehicle type or types.
- boat=permissive The owner gives general permission for access.
- boat=private The owner may give permission on an individual basis.
- canoe=portage Used on ways where a canoe has to be carried over land from one stretch of water to an other part.
- canoe=put_in For places (also nodes) where the canoe is transfered (e.g. in a portage) from land to water and vice versa.