|How much is charged for use of or access to a facility.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The charge=* is used for specifying how much is charged for use/access to a facility.
Amount should include cents (or the currency equivalent) even when there are none (2.00 instead of 2).
Currency should ISO 4217 code (USD instead of $).
Time unit should not be abbreviated (hour instead of h).
- 2.00 USD
- 2.00 USD/hour
Proposed advanced usage
|This is a proposed extension that should be discussed in the proposal space, particularly since it isn't actually compatible with the opening_hours notation, aka "it doesn't work".|
- charge=[date][ - date][weekday][ - weekday][time][ - time]"amount currency"/"item";[additional dates, days and times with different charges]
date, weekday and time describe when the charge is valid. The format should stick to the format in opening_hours.
- charge = May - October Mo - Sa 8:00 - 16:00 1.5 EUR/2hour
- charge = 16 USD/hgv; 8 USD/motorhome; 6 USD/motorcar
In combination with opening hours, the time something is open, but has no charge given for this time, it is free (charge = 0). If it isn't free at any time, the mapper has to provide charges for every opening time.
A more generic charge is overridden by a more specific charge. Example:
- charge = 10 EUR/person; 6 EUR/child; Su 16:00 - 24:00 4 EUR/child
This means, every person has to pay 10€, children have to pay 6€ except on Sunday since 16:00 o'clock. Then it is 4€ for children.
- payment=* to indicate the precise method of payment.
- toll=* to indicate that a road, bridge, ferry, or other way is tolled - that you must pay to use it.
- fee:amount=* or fee:price=* or price=* - other variants of this tag
- Sophox query for highest fees based on this key and cross-referencing exchange rates in Wikidata