|How much is charged for use of or access to a facility.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Values for this key commonly have the following notation:
charge = <amount> <currency>[/<unit>][/<time unit>]
The amount should include any cents (or whichever unit a currency uses) if charged, so if for example, the fee charged is $2.95, then tag this as 2.95 USD and do not round the amount up to 3 USD. Always use the decimal point as for such amounts.
If the amount charged is a whole number omitting the cents (or any other subdivision) is permissible. So a fee of exactly €5 may be written as either 5 EUR or 5.00 EUR. Some mappers prefer the latter because it explicitly conveys that no rounding of the amount has occurred. For currency that has no subdivision, such as Japanese Yen or Korean Won, no decimal part is used at all.
The currency should be specified using its code. Do not use currency signs such as $, €, ¥, 円, or £.
|Currency||Code to use|
For other currencies, seeon Wikipedia.
In some cases the charge levied is per some unit. Some examples of these seen in use include person (charge per person), kWh (charge per kilowatt-hour of energy), 1.5 litre (charge per litre of some fluid such as water). The various vehicle categories defined in access=*, such as motorcar or hgv ( ) can also be used.
The optional time unit should not be abbreviated (use hour instead of h). In addition to discrete durations in units like minutes, hours, days, and weeks, other values such as night and day are used as well.
- fee=yes plus charge=2.00 USD
- fee=yes plus charge=2.00 USD/hour
- toll=yes plus charge=5 CHF
- fee=yes plus charge=1.00 EUR/100 litre – For water at a amenity=water_point
- payment=* to indicate the precise method of payment.
- toll=* to indicate that a road, bridge, ferry, or other way is tolled - that you must pay to use it.
- fee:amount=* or fee:price=* - other variants of this tag.
- Sophox query for highest fees based on this key and cross-referencing exchange rates in Wikidata.
- fine=* to indicate a fine for violating a traffic regulation