|Describes the physical condition of an object (good, bad)|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
condition=* is a property that usually describes the physical working condition of an object, such as good, fair, poor, etc.
Qualitative tags like this have problems with low verifiability, which is that one mapper's "poor" might be another's "fair".
condition=* can also have issues with ambiguity (i.e. which of the tags on the object is in "poor" condition?). This can be addressed by using condition as a suffix, such as with building:condition=*. Beware that this usage clashes with condition in the sense of a constraint (meanwhile deprecated example:
parking:condition=* described what conditions must be satisfied to park.)
- Not to be confused with conditional=*.
- Comparison of life cycle concepts
- state=* - Operational state of a route relation or route section
- status=* - is a vague key with a variety of meanings (key status: deprecated)
- operational_status=* - Observation of the current functional status of a mapped feature - now discouraged
- tracktype=* - Provides a classification of tracks
- smoothness=* - Provide a classification scheme regarding the physical usability of a way for wheeled vehicles
- surface=* - Describes the surface of a feature
- natural=volcano – condition sometimes means the activity of a volcano (active, extinct)