(Redirected from Key:diet)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The prefix for several diet:* keys to describe dietary options. Should not itself be used as a key.|
|Group: Food and beverages|
|Used on these elements|
This page describes a key prefix rather than a simple key.
diet is the common prefix for several diet:*=* keys to describe dietary options, for example to indicate that a amenity=restaurant offers vegetarian dishes.
All tags follow the structure
- yes - the place provides at least a proper choice for this diet type, constantly available, i.e. full meal in a restaurant, specific section in shop. If in doubt, see note below.
- no - the place doesn't provide this diet type at all, or not reliably, i.e. side-orders or light snack only in a pub, temporary products in a shop.
- only - the place only provides this diet type, N.B. it may often be helpful to tag a vegetarian place with both diet:vegetarian=only and diet:vegan=yes)
Only places that provide a proper choice for an option should be tagged yes. For instance, a restaurant with vegetarian starters but no vegetarian main course is to be tagged no. Same for a pub that can't serve more than light snacks (baked potatoes, green salad) to vegetarians. There is discussion of using the value "limited" as well as yes/no/only, so as to be clearer about the difference between a total absence of options and merely limited options.
- A vegetarian-only Indian restaurant that also offers vegan dishes
- A supermarket that sells vegetarian foods
- uMap-based OSM Vegan map
- Historical Interest:
- OpenVegeMap alas defunct 
- organic=* - Whether organic food is available
- The original proposal is at proposed features/Vegetarian