Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The general type and purpose of a given garden.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
- garden:type=botanical - Botanical gardens are scientifically structured and labelled collections of living plants with the purpose of scientific research, conservation, display or education. See .
- garden:type=community - Located in parks or other public spaces, community gardens are operated by an informal group of local residents. To some, community gardening is a leisurely social activity. To others, it is a response to concerns about food security. See .
- garden:type=residential - The most common form of garden, located in proximity to a residence, usually private access only. Often with front garden and back garden. The main purpose is usually relaxation activities - it doesn't really matter if it is a plain lawn, or complex garden in French style. See .
- garden:type=roof_garden - A roof garden is a garden on the roof of a building, see .
- garden:type=show_garden - Show gardens of a nursery or for the purpose of advertising a garden or landscaping company. Either located within the company premises or e.g. as a show garden within roundabouts or at the roadside at rented places. There should be a company sign.
- garden:type=arboretum A botanical collection of trees. See .
- garden:type=castle - unclear definition. See proposal page talk
- garden:type=monastery - unclear definition. See proposal page talk
If the garden has one major aesthetic or functional style, use garden:style=*.