|To indicate if a feature (such as a cafe, shop or school) offers lunch.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The key lunch=* is used to indicate if a feature such as a cafe, a shop or a school offers lunch.
Lunch is a meal offering around midday.
Certain venues can choose to specialize in lunch exclusively and are only open in lunch hours, sometimes seen for amenity=fast_food. Other venues operate the kitchen for lunch only, despite being open all day, they only offer hot meals at lunch time - commonly seen with amenity=pub.
Common values for lunch=*: yes, no, buffet, and menu
- lunch=yes: lunch is available at the feature. Additional tags may be added for more detail
- lunch=no: lunch is not available
- lunch=menu: lunch is offered as a fixed-price, limited-option "menu" (also called "table d'horte"), in contrast to "a la carte".
- lunch=buffet: lunch is offered as a buffet, where customers can pick from prepared food items which are set out in advance.
- Some mappers use the hours of lunch service as the value, e.g. lunch=Mo-Fr 11:30-14:00, in the opening_hours format
lunch=yes/no/warm/packed_lunch/menu/tourist-menu/buffet is used to indicate if a feature offers (warm) lunch, a packed_lunch, a lunch fixed-price menu or tourist-menu or a buffet at midday.
Optionally, you can specified these services with a subkey, in the format: lunch:*=yes/no/Mo-Su 11:30-14:00 This allows adding the hours of service.
Always add lunch=yes in addition to the subkey:
Example 1: lunch:warm=Mo-Fr 11:30-14:00; Sa-Su 12:00-14:30
Example 2: lunch:tourist_menu=Mo-Su 12:00-14:30
Example 4: (they cook lunch by 11 every weekday and serve it until it lasts)
- lunch:specials=yes/no: Whether different discounted special lunch options are offered each day or not.
- lunch:saladbar=yes/no: Whether you can serve yourself at a salad buffet or not.
- lunch:snackbar=yes/no: Whether you can serve yourself at a snack buffet or not.
- lunch:soup_tureen=yes/no: Whether You can serve yourself different soups or not.
- opening_hours:kitchen=* - for times when the kitchen is open and meals can be ordered (for example, inside a restaurant or pub)