|Gives indication on the type of message.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
For use on advertising devices tagged with advertising=*.
This tag should only be set if this is a permanent characteristics of the device, and not a temporary one.
An advertising device mostly display commercial messages as part of a marketing strategy, but not only : it can be used to display opinions, to display local information messages, to advertise on legal notices, to display map information, etc.
- message=commercial: the advertising device displays a commercial message, this is by far the case occurring the most often. This is the default value.
- message=local: the advertising device displays a local information message. For example opening hours of municipal services, or of social facilities, information related to sanitary campaign, opening days for open-air market, any municipal or local information.
- message=safety: the advertising device displays safety messages, for example 'risks related to flooded rivers'.
- message=legal: the advertising device displays legal messages.
- message=map: the advertising device displays map information.
- message=political: the advertising device displays political electoral advertisings, for candidate running in the election ballot. Political billboards are often temporary billboards, and they display 'political' message.
- message=showbiz: the advertising device displays information related to theatre, cinemas, concerts, art performances.
- message=non_profit: the advertising device displays information related to non profit organizations.
- message=opinion: the advertising device displays any opinions, and the boards are here for freedom of expression.
- message=religion: the advertising device displays information related to the activities of a religion (such as a parish). This might include office dates and hours, news of the community, point of contact, intentions of prayers, pilgrimage informations....
- message=funding to advertising=board: when board informs us about co-financing from a project.
When the advertising device can display opinion, non_profit, showbiz, political messages (therefore for message=opinion, message=non_profit, message=showbiz, message=political), most often the advertising device can be used by anybody, and can be combined with access=yes.
When the advertising device displays commercial, local, safety, legal, map messages (therefore for message=commercial, message=local, message=safety, message=legal, message=map), most often the advertising device is private, its usage is reserved, therefore it needs to be combined with access=no.
If ever the advertising device has two faces, and one face (often the face front to the flow) displays 'commercial' message , while the other face (the one reverse to the flow) displays 'local' information message, then it is possible to have: message:front=commercial and message:reverse=local.
The inscription itself can be provided using the key inscription=*, but this should be reserved for advertising signs, which do not change regularly.