Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Indicates whether a location is under surveillance or what type of surveilled area it is.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The surveillance namespace is for features that survey or watch people and the key itself specifies whether a location is under surveillance or what type of surveilled area it is.
||Surveillance is present|
||Surveillance inside enclosed buildings, for example inside a museum, a shop, a bank, or at a fuel station.|
||Surveillance of outdoor areas or outside enclosed buildings, for example on courtyards, at fuel stations, on parking areas, at entrances.|
||Surveillance in publicly accessible areas, for example on public places, generally controlled or delegated by some governmental organization, like on marketplaces, in pedestrian zones or at corners (often mounted on utility poles or masts).|
Tags to use in combination
- surveillance:type=camera/guard/ALPR – What is watching? (ALPR = Automatic license plate recognition, see .)
- surveillance:zone=town/parking/traffic/shop/bank/building/entrance – Zone of the surveillance.
- camera:type=* – Type of camera, e.g. fixed, panning, dome
- camera:mount=* – How or where is a camera mounted/fixed?
- man_made=surveillance main tag of separately mapped object like surveillance cameras
- There are two proposals for surveillance=*.
- Proposed features/Key:Surveillance has not been edited since 2010.
- Proposed features/Extended tags for Key:Surveillance moved to RFC mode in 2013 (but the vote hasn't started yet in 2022 !).
- Various websites use theses tags to display informations, based on osmcamera, such as https://cctv.masspirates.org/ or http://osmcamera.dihe.de/