|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
|There are two proposals for surveillance=*. The first has not been edited since 2010 and the second moved to RFC mode in 2013.|
The surveillance namespace is for features that survey or watch people and the key itself specifies what is being surveyed.
- indoor: Enclosed buildings with surveillance inside. For example inside a museum, shop, amenity=bank, or amenity=fuel.
- outdoor: For outdoor cameras. Courtyard under surveillance (possibly with more than one cam). Example: train stations, fuel stations, parking areas, entrances.
- public: For cameras monitoring the public. Surveillance on public places, generally controlled or delegated by some governmental organisation, like on market places, at corners, on utility poles, highway=pedestrian.
Tags to use in combination
- surveillance:type=camera/guard/ALPR - What is watching
- surveillance:zone=town/parking/traffic/shop/bank/building - Zone of the surveillance.