|amenity = bank|
|A financial establishment where customers can, among other services, deposit money and take loans.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A bank branch is a financial establishment where customers can, among other services, deposit and withdraw money, take loans, make investments and transfer funds.
How to Map
Tags to use in combination
- branch=* if there is a branch name to uniquely identify the location, usually when it is part of a chain with many locations operating under the same brand and operator.
- operator=* to define which company the branch belongs to (e.g., Deutsche Bank AG).
- brand=* the brand of the bank (e.g. Deutsche Bank)
- opening_hours=* - hours of opening
- wheelchair=no/yes/limited - suitable for wheelchairs
- bic=* - to add the wikipedia:Bank Identifier Code tag uniquely identifying the branch using the international ISO 9362 Bank Identifier Code. This is not widely used by mappers yet.
- drive_through=yes/no - Bank offers drive through service.
- atm=yes/no - Good to specify if the bank does not have an ATM.
Most banks have ATMs, many of them accessible within the same bank premises. In cases where the machines are located at a different side of the building (e.g. external walls) or an odd place (e.g. a different building across the street), tagging a separate node to point out their location could be more useful rather than just reaffirming their existence with atm=yes.