|amenity = bank|
|A financial establishment where customers can, among other services, deposit money and take loans|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Group: Financial facilities|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag amenity=bank is used to map a bank branch: a financial establishment where customers can, among other services, deposit and withdraw money, take loans, make investments and transfer funds. This definition encompasses banks, credit unions, building societies, and other similar establishments. It does not include money lenders (use shop=money_lender) or financial offices that are not banks (use office=financial).
How to map
Set a node or draw as an area along the bank outline. Tag it with amenity=bank and name=*.
Tags used in combination
- Address tag family - to specify the address
- opening_hours=* - Describes when something is open or closed, there is a specific standard format for this data
- wheelchair=yes/no/limited - to describe wheelchair access
- Payment tag family - to specify how one may pay at this location
- branch=* - if the bank is part of a chain, consider using this to identify the town or street where it's located.
- bic=* - the ISO 9362 Bank Identifier Code to uniquely identifying the branch. Not widely used by mappers yet.
- drive_through=yes/no - Bank offers drive through service.
- atm=yes/no - Good to specify if the bank does not have an ATM.
- brand=* - the brand of the bank (e.g. Deutsche Bank)
- brand:wikidata=* - Wikidata ID of the brand
- operator=* - to define which company the branch belongs to (e.g., Deutsche Bank AG).
Most banks have ATMs, many of them accessible within the same bank premises. In cases where the machines are located at a different side of the building (e.g. external walls) or an odd place (e.g. a different building across the street), tagging a separate node to point out their location could be more useful rather than just reaffirming their existence with atm=yes.
- amenity=atm - A device that provides the clients of a financial institution with access to financial transactions
- amenity=bureau_de_change - An office that exchanges foreign currency and travellers cheques
- amenity=payment_centre - A non-bank place, where people can pay bills of public and private services and taxes
- amenity=money_transfer - A place that offers money transfers, especially cash to cash
- shop=money_lender - Shop offering small personal loans at high rates of interest
- office=financial - An office of a company in the financial sector
- Sophox query for credit unions based on this tag and brand:wikidata=*