| Ilam District, Mechi Zone, Eastern Development Region, Nepal|
|latitude: 26.9117, longitude: 87.9202|
|Browse map of Ilam District 26°54′42.12″ N, 87°55′12.72″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
|Phakphokthung||Relation not defined yet|
|Mai Jogmai||Relation not defined yet|
|Chulachuli||Relation not defined yet|
|Rong||Relation not defined yet|
|Mangsebung||Relation not defined yet|
|Sandakpur||Relation not defined yet|
Ilam is the city of Nepal with the beauty of Tea plantation and also the traditional Nepali culture
Mapping on the project Ilam have following (and more) goals:
1. To get the utmost possible data accuracy using high resolution imagery from Bing and Digital Globe in area of District Ilam.
2. To provide up to date maps in the cases of Disasters
3. Show public bodies how OSM and satellite images will be useful to provide maps with higher spatial resolution for Large Geographic Area
4. To update the spatial database for public use .
5. To develop this project as a example project for other developing nations.
How to get started
Read the Getting Involved page to begin contributing to OpenStreetMap.
Tracing Aerial Imagery
This is the easiest way to quickly and effortlessly edit, fix or add map details, create new ways without having to drive around town with GPS logger and camera :-) So, what should we do? Just open www.openstreetmap.org, move the map to your hometown, click on Edit, register/login, and happy mapping!
The attribute name will always be in Romanized alphabets. Example: Use "Basantapur" for the name keyword. Always use the official name when possible. If another name is more popular name:alt can be used. To write the names in localized script, use name:ne
Mappers from Western countries (people who are remotely mapping) on the project should focus on the geometry development (Point, Line, Polygon) with highest possible spatial accuracy.
People nearby or at Nepal (Local People) should Name the features and add other important attributes (tags) of the spatial data.
Progress of geometry data as well as attribute information should be updated together. The collaboration of International mappers and local people makes the complete map because only geometry or the only text can never give complete information.
All the Technical information about mapping, specification, tags, relationships can be found at Project Ilam Specification page
Contributors for this project are /could be:
2. International Mapping Community, in particular organisators ot this project:
- WojtekK - Poland
- Marek Kleciak - Poland
- Heinz_V - Germany
- Władysław Komorek - Poland
- piaco_dk - Denmark
- GeoFrizz - Italy
3. Different University Student associations like GESAN (Geomatics Engineering Students' Association of Nepal)