Proposed features/Cash withdrawal
|Proposal status:||Approved (active)|
|Definition:||Describes whether you can withdraw cash in a shop or amenity at checkout or not.|
There are more and more supermarkets, kiosks, convenience shops, railway ticket offices and others where you can get cash at the cashier (checkout). They are not an ATM because they are either operated by an employee (till) or you use a device that is primarily a self-service checkout. In most cases I know, the services are limited to specific banks, cards or networks and you usually can't get money if you are from abroad. Furthermore there is a system called "Sonect". With the app of their service you can get cash at kiosks and other places such as bars and convenience shops.
There are apps and websites where you can find the services, but only their own products. There as AFAIK no dataset with ATMs and "cash withdrawal" together. If data consumers (such as app users) could save time by using our dataset, they would potentially see a value over other services and may contribute as well. An example would be https://finde.cash.
In the Swiss supermarket branch "Denner" you can get cash with cards from "Migros Bank" and "PostFinance". At railway ticket shops from SBB you can get cash with a PostFinance card. There are "K Kiosk" kiosks and "Volg" shops where you can get cash with the newish app from "Sonect" (sonect.net).
Revision 1 (2019-08-22):
cash_withdrawal=no/<card_name>;<bank_name> + cash_withdrawal:operator=* (optional) + cash_withdrawal:type=checkout/self_checkout (optional, checkout means that you have an employee that gives you the money. Self_checkout that you can pay yourselves and get money from the same machine.) + cash_withdrawal:limit=# (optional, in local currency, numbers only) + cash_withdrawal:currency=* (optional and only if other than the local one.) + cash_withdrawal:purchase_required=yes/no (optional, determines whether you need to buy something or if you can get money without a consumation.) + cash_withdrawal:fee=yes/no/purchase_required (optional, "purchase_required" means that you pay a fee if you get cash only and are not buying anything.) + cash_withdrawal:purchase_minimum=#/no/yes/varies (optional, sometines you need to buy for a minimum amount in order to withdraw cash. Enter value in local currency, "yes" if you don't know what the minimum is and "varies" if there are different amounts for different cards. + cash_withdrawal:foreign_cards=yes/no/varies (optional, determines whether cards from another country are accepted. "Varies" means that restrictions apply to some but not all accepted cards.)
End of revision one.
To tag whether there is cash withdrawal and with what banks/brands use:
To tag the operator:
Nodes and areas.
Basically to everything where you can get cash
with the help from personnel. If you can get the money yourself If it is a mini ATM inside a convenience store atm=yes or amenity=atm should be used. The cash_withdrawal scheme is meant for cash services at a (self)checkout.
The new tagging should for example be used at: supermarket,convenience,bar,cafe,kiosk
The new tag should be used as an attribute for other keys and not as a feature on its own.
Talk-ch: http://lists.openstreetmap.ch/pipermail/talk-ch/2019-August/010086.html (in German)
Please comment on the discussion page.
- I approve this proposal. --Grimpeur78 (talk) 05:18, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Dr Centerline (talk) 16:30, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Dieterdreist (talk) 21:23, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. - but there should be some further discussion about the sub-tags. I don't really see the necessity to have this tagged on each and every shop - at least in DE the conditions are the same almost everywhere. --Mueschel (talk) 21:20, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Discostu36 (talk) 18:48, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --AgusQui (talk) 20:45, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. - like Mueschel, I see some more discussion needed for subtags. spececially for cash_withdrawal:type=checkout/self_checkout: cash withdrawal may be possible at normal checkouts and unemployment frendly checkouts, two keys cash_withdrawal:checkout=yes,cash_withdrawal:self_checkout=yes may be better. --Nospam2005 (talk) 10:19, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- This was my idea as well but Stefan Keller, Doctor at HSR Rapperswil adviced to use semicolon instead. So the idea is to put cash_withdrawal:type=checkout;self_checkout if both a checkout and self checkout can be used. --Amilopowers (talk) 10:38, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Thetornado76 (talk) 18:22, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Michi (talk) 19:34, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Helmut Kauer (talk) 19:53, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Good idea! Thank you! --Jotam (talk) 14:18, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Heilbron (talk) 22:05, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --حبيشان (talk) 11:08, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Highflyer74 (talk) 11:19, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. 'Type' says nothing. I think cash_withdrawal:method might be better? And the values? Human or machine??? Warin61 (talk) 01:29, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- A point on the disscussion page has been made about maintainability. Now voting No. Warin61 (talk) 01:25, 22 September 2019 (UTC)