|Proposal status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Proposed by:||Something B|
Tag which indicates gender segregation.
Established tagging of gender segregation isn't exist.
Disagreements about unisex=*
There is some disagreement about whether unisex=yes means gender neutral, or is a shorthand for male=yes + female=yes"
Primarily for facilities that often have single-gender areas like toilets, showers, dressing rooms, etc. This tags could also apply to other types of facilities like educational institutions, religious places and other places where genders may be separated.
- gender_segregated=female_only - female only facility or section;
- gender_segregated=male_only - male only facility or section;
- gender_segregated=no - any gender without segregation;
- gender_segregated=yes - segregated by sex facility (male and female sections) . If female/male sections mapped separately, use gender_segregated=female_only and gender_segregated=male_only for respective nodes/areas.
- gender_segregated=optional - All genders allowed. Both segregated and mixed facilities exist.
- gender_segregated=female_optional - All genders allowed. Segregated facilities for females exist. Males (and other genders) allowed but not segregated.
|All (or no) genders||gender_segregated=no||POI is designated for use by all (or no specific) genders, no separate areas exist for any gender|
|Female + Male||gender_segregated=yes||POI is designated for female and male use in separated areas (or each area may be mapped separately)|
|All genders with additional female and male areas||gender_segregated=optional||POI is designated for use by all genders, a gender neutral area as well as separated areas for females and males exist (or each area may be mapped separately)|
|Female||gender_segregated=female_only||POI is designated for use by females, no other gender designation exists|
|Male||gender_segregated=male_only||POI is designated for use by males, no other gender designation exists|
Tagging hairdresser shops is not affected.
Facilities for disables persons, children, etc.
Separate unisex areas for disable persons may be mapped gender_segregated=no, or if facility have separate male and female areas with additional unisex room designated for disabled persons, whole facility may be mapped as gender_segregated=optional.
Facilities which are adapted for children, may be tagged with child=yes in addition to tags above, but it is recommendation only.
Difference between "sex" and "gender"
Difference between "sex" and "gender" isn't relevant in this context.
If facility have separate male, female or mixed-gender (gender neutral or unisex) areas, it may be mapped either as:
- single feature, with gender_segregated=yes; or
- separate features for each zone or section, with gender_segregated=female_only, gender_segregated=male_only and gender_segregated=no for female, male and gender-neutral zones respectively.
Both approaches are OK.
Features / Pages affected
- gender_segregated=* - declare as approved
- How to map a