Proposed features/Security guard
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Proposal status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Tagging:||(amenity=security + security=*) or (office=security)|
|Definition:||This proposal clarifies the difference between office=security and amenity=security, and deprecates surveillance:type=guard|
There is a distinct difference between the office of a security company, and a Guard Hut / Guard Post. It is important to identify this difference.
|office=security||An office of a security company.||
|amenity=security||A place where guard(s) are stationed||
|security=checkpoint||A checkpoint operated by private security, similar to police=checkpoint and military=checkpoint.|
|security=operations_centre||An operations centre where security cameras are remotely monitored.|
- For lifeguards, use emergency=lifeguard
- For facilities operated by police or the military, use police=checkpoint or military=checkpoint instead
- For facilities operated by customs/border security, use barrier=border_control instead
- For a shop selling security equiment, use shop=security
No proposed changes. Current rendering:
|Tag||As a Node||As a Building|
- Proposed_features/Extended_tags_for_Key:Surveillance - an abandoned proposal for surveillance:type=guard which became a de-facto tagging scheme.
- security_desk=(yes/no) - undocumented, but has 785 uses from a French import. Used on indoors’ emergency=defibrillator to describe if there’s an operator’s affiliated "security post" nearby or not.
- security_guard=(yes/no) - undocumented, but has 263 uses from a single city in India
- version 1 of this proposal, which proposed keeping surveillance:type=guard instead of amenity=security
Please comment on the discussion page.