|military = checkpoint|
|Place where civilian visitors and vehicles will be checked by a military authority.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A military checkpoint is a permanent feature where access by civilian visitors and vehicles will be controlled by a military authority, such as at a point of entry to a restricted or secured area, or a checkpoint on a public highway within areas under military or paramilitary supervision.
How to Map
This tag should be used for permanent or long-term checkpoints, not for temporary or mobile checkpoints which are not expected to remain for more than a month.
- barrier=* - if there is a gate or other physical barrier located at the checkpoint. Common examples include barrier=gate, barrier=lift_gate, barrier=swing_gate, barrier=spikes, barrier=bollard and barrier=chain.
- access=* - to specify who is allowed to pass the checkpoint. Relevant values include yes, destination, private, no - also consider adding Access tags to the highway=* which passes through the checkpoint.
- opening_hours=* - if the checkpoint is only open at certain times or days.
- end_date=* - if the checkpoint is scheduled to be removed as a certain date in the future.
- operator=* - the name of the operator of the checkpoint, e.g. "Royal Air Force".