Proposed features/hail and ride
|hail and ride|
|Definition:||Public transport hail-and-ride sections|
This proposal adds the indication of hail and ride sections of public transport routes.
Quoted from Wikipedia:
Hail and ride is boarding or alighting a mode of public transport by signalling the driver or conductor that one wishes to board or alight, rather than the more conventional system of using a designated stop.
For the way segment to be tagged hail_and_ride, the passenger must be able to hail and ride anywhere along the segment, or alighting anywhere on the segment by telling the driver, not limited to places where signs exist. This role is not for services which only allows passengers to board/alight at designated places where the vehicle does not stop if no request is made.
The current public transport schema tags services routes with the ways where the vehicle goes, the places where the vehicle stops for picking/dropping passengers, and also the places where the passengers wait for a vehicle. However, on some services passengers can request boarding/alighting along a segment on the route without fixed stops.
All minibus routes in Hong Kong operates in a hail-and-ride manner.
Public transport route relations
None on the main app, but can be shown with some distinctions from other route sections on public transport maps. Also used with public transport routing.
Please comment on the discussion page.
- I approve this proposal. --Skinfaxi (talk) 11:19, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --EneaSuper (talk) 07:39, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Johnparis (talk) 16:54, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. This scheme is a good solution to an existing problem. As others noted on the talk page, it might be simpler to tag the relation itself if the entire route is hail-and-ride (this should probably be discussed further), but this tagging scheme is in any case the best solution for partially hail-and-ride routes, and works on fully hail-and-ride routes as well. --Essin (talk) 22:00, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Michi (talk) 18:41, 13 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Agree with Essin for completely hail and ride routes. --Polyglot (talk) 11:00, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --diverpl (talk) 09:49, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Hopefully there is no need for another more important role in the future for the ways. Thankfully there are other possibilities to implement hail and ride should the need arise in the future (tag on relation+tag on way or way=platform). --Jojo4u (talk) 13:35, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --AgusQui (talk) 16:14, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Rmikke (talk) 18:10, 22 April 2018 (UTC)
- I have comments but abstain from voting on this proposal. I like the outline of this proposal. However, there are questions with the need to be discussed (e.g. Talk:Proposed_features/hail_and_ride#Splitting_ways_in_intersections.3F or Talk:Proposed_features/hail_and_ride#Tag_on_route_.3F). Miklcct did not respond, neither to email messages on tagging list nor to a message on his talk page. This proposal is definitely not as good as it could have been. U30303020 (talk) 16:26, 23 April 2018 (UTC)