|amenity = vending_machine|
|A vending machine sells food, drinks, tickets or other goods automatically.|
|Group: Vending machines|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A vending machine is a machine which dispenses items such as snacks, beverages, alcohol, cigarettes, lottery tickets, cologne, consumer products and even gold and gems to customers automatically, after the customer inserts currency or credit into the machine.
How to map
Place a node where the machine is located. Add the tag amenity=vending_machine.
For machines associated with buildings (i.e. covered by a roof, or so unusually large such that they need a support building), draw the outline, tag it with building=service (or building=roof as appropriate) and add a node with amenity=vending_machine just inside the outline on the side where people actually exchange money for whatever is being vended.
- vending=* - Type of items being sold - see taginfo for the most common ones
- operator=* - Entity maintaining the machine, and refilling it.
- brand=* - Brand of product being sold.
- network=* - Usually used when mapping public transport related selling machines.
- ref=* - The machine's unique identifier.
- payment:*=yes/no - Could be of good help to indicate.
- payment:coins:denominations=* - What coins does the machine accept?
- payment:notes:denominations=* - What notes does the machine accept?
- wheelchair=yes/no - Whether the vending machine both can be operated from a wheelchair (height of coin insert and display) and is accessible without stairs.
- covered=yes/no - Whether the vending machine is under a roof or inside.
- reusable_packaging:accept=* - Whether a place accepts reusable containers from their customers.
- reusable_packaging:offer=* - Whether a place offers reusable containers to their customers.
Table from map features
Also see taginfo for the most common semicolon separated ones.
A vending machine is a machine which dispenses items after the customer inserts money. See amenity=vending_machine for more information.
|vending||admission_tickets||Admission Ticket Vending Machine|
|vending||art||A vending machine that sells art.|
|vending||bicycle_tube||Vending machine for bicycle tubes.|
|vending||bottle_return||Reverse vending machine for returning empty bottles|
|vending||check-in||Check-In counter, like camping-site|
|vending||chemist||Machine vending chemistry or paramedical products|
|vending||cigarettes||A cigarette machine is a vending machine that dispenses packets of cigarettes.
See also: vending=e-cigarettes
|vending||coin_change_machine||A coin-change machine that accepts any amount of loose coins, counts them and exchanges them for a voucher. The operator determines where and at what cost the voucher can be redeemed.|
|vending||coin_rolls||A coin roll machine is a machine that dispenses coins in the form of coin rolls.|
|vending||condoms||Condoms selling point|
|vending||drinks||Soda vending machine: Soft drinks, water, ice tea
For specific drinks, combine with: drink=*
|vending||e-cigarettes||An e-cigarette machine is a vending machine that dispenses e-cigarettes or e-cigarette refill cartriges.
See also: vending=cigarettes
|vending||eggs||A machine vendings eggs or boxes of eggs|
|vending||elongated_coin||Elongated coins are coins that have been elongated (flattened or stretched) and embossed with a new design with the purpose of creating a commemorative or souvenir token.|
|vending||excrement_bags||Dispensing bags to collect dog poop|
|vending||feminine_hygiene||Feminine hygiene products|
|vending||fishing_bait||Live Bait (fishing_bait:live=yes, Frozen Bait (fishing_bait:frozen=yes)
See also: vending=fishing_tackle
|vending||fishing_tackle||Fishing equipment (hooks, lines, sinkers, lures...)
See also: vending=fishing_bait
|vending||flower_seeds||Flower seeds in reusable capsules with the purpose of self-sowing, e.g. at home in your own garden as a food source for bees. The empty capsules can then be thrown into the return bin.|
|vending||food||A vending machine for
|vending||fuel||A vending machine dispensing motor fuel. (Use with: amenity=fuel, vending_machine=yes, vending=fuel )|
|vending||gas_bottles||A vending machine for gas bottles.|
|vending||lottery||Lottery ticket dispenser|
|vending||milk||A machine for fresh milk|
|vending||Old scheme for dropping off parcels, please don't use it.
Current tagging: amenity=parcel_locker + parcel_mail_in=yes
|vending||Old scheme for picking up parcels, please don't use it.
Current tagging: amenity=parcel_locker (implied + parcel_pickup=yes)
|vending||parking_tickets||A machine selling tickets for parking|
|vending||pet_food||Machine vending food for domestic pets.|
|vending||Exception, don't use it. Prefer this specific tag: amenity=photo_booth|
|vending||pizza||A machine selling pizza|
|vending||public_transport_plans||Public transport plans. (Definition unclear, see the page.)|
|vending||public_transport_tickets||A machine for bus, tram, train... tickets|
|vending||SIM_cards||SIM cards for mobile phones|
|vending||stamps||A post stamps selling machine.|
|vending||syringes||Needle vending machines for injecting drug users|
|vending||telephone_vouchers||Telephone vouchers, telephone cards, or over-the-air prepaid credit top up|
|vending||toll||Road Toll vending machine|
|vending||wood_pellet||A machine selling wood_pellet bags|
This table is a wiki template with a default description in English. Editable here.
In otherwise covered locations
- Added because of an idea in the discussion.
In the case that a vending machine is inside of an otherwise covered location, like a subway station or a pub, we could add a tag to that location like:
In that case it would not make sense to give more information as this could lead to problems of assignment of that data as the user might mix them up with the location itself.
- I think we can fix that by putting the vending machine in a separate node and add an: Indoor=yes --Lulu-Ann 17:37, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- amenity=payment_terminal - Self-service payment kiosk/terminal
- amenity=parcel_locker - Machine for picking up and sending parcels.
- amenity=photo_booth - A stand to create instant photos.
- attraction=kiddie_ride - A small car, helicopter, horse or similar on which between one and four children can ride at the same time.
- speech_input:lg=yes/no - Vending machine or similar device is able to use speech input to communicate with the human.
- speech_output:lg=yes/no - Used to indicate if a machine is able to use speech output to communicate with the user.
- 2008: Proposal of this feature Status:approved
- 2022: Tag extension’s to ways proposal Status:proposed
- Vending machine on Wikipedia
- Ticket vending machine map
- OpenLoveMap (for vending=condoms)