|This tagging scheme was rejected.|
|Applies to:||, ,|
|Definition:||facilities where you can donate body products|
- 1 Proposal
- 2 Rationale
- 3 Tagging
- 4 Mapping mobile facilities
- 5 Rendering
- 6 Features/Pages affected
- 7 Links
- 8 Voting
This proposal aimed to provide a way for mapping facilities where you can donate "body products", for example blood (including mobile blood collections), mother milk or sperm.
There is currently no universal and approved way to map donation facilities. However, those are interesting to map because they are facilities of public interest. They may also help in manual navigation.
This proposal obsoletes Blood donation. I have taken into account the remarks on its talk page.
|amenity||donation||A facility or venue where you can donate something. Should never be used alone, always in combination with a donation=* tag specifying what can be donated|
What can be donated (required)
|donation||blood||A place where you can donate blood or certain components of your blood|
|donation||sperm||A place where you can donate sperm|
|donation||milk||A place where you can donate breast milk|
|donation||User Defined||Other things that can be donated|
|donation:facility||mobile||The donation infrastructure travels around, and only visits this location once in a while. See below for an explanation on how to map these|
|donation:facility||hospital||The donation takes place in a hospital. Usually for blood|
|donation:facility||dedicated||A dedicated donation centre: its own building or an own space in a building that is not really healthcare-related otherwise|
Information on the facility
|operator||*||The name of the organization that organises the donation, e.g.
|ref||*||The reference code of the facility, if it has any|
|phone||*||The phone number of the facility|
|*||The email address of the facility|
|website||*||The website of the facility|
|opening_hours||*||The facility's opening hours|
Rewards for donating
|donation:compensation||no||You get no compensation for your donation|
|donation:compensation||yes||You get a compensation for donating (consider using the type of compensation you get instead)|
|donation:compensation||payment||You get paid for each donation, either at the time of donation or after a certain amount of donations|
|donation:compensation||vouchers||You get one or more vouchers for every donation. You can exchange them for fun rewards|
Specifics to blood donation
Which components of your blood can be donated
|blood:whole||yes/no||Whether or not you can donate whole blood here|
|blood:plasma||yes/no||Whether or not you can donate plasma here. This happens by means of a plasmapheresis device|
|blood:platelets||yes/no||Whether or not you can donate platelets here. This happens by means of a plateletpheresis device|
|blood:stemcells||yes/no||Whether you can have blood samples taken to determine the tissue type of your stem cells. An appointment might be required. When the samples are analysed, your record is stored in an international database. When someone with your stem cell type is in need of transplantation, you may be contacted. This is very rare however, the chance of a match is 1/50,000. The actual transfusion could happen in a hospital, but this can't be mapped|
Mapping mobile facilities
You can place a node at the position where the mobile station usually visits this location, even if this is inside a building.
The icons are drawings I did in Inkscape. They can be used as is or recreated by someone who can actually design icons.
|blood||a person with a blood drop coming from his arm|
|sperm||a spermatozoon (the cells in sperm that join the ovum during conception). I would rather not have an icon with a male member as this may offend people|
|milk||a baby bottle, would that be clear enough?|
This proposal introduces tags not yet used in the database. I have found no evidence of notable conflicts with existing tags.
- The tag donation=* is – apart from the objects tagged with this scheme – used thrice in the database, so this does not create a big clash.
- Currently, the tag amenity=blood_donation is most prevalent (though not widespread, 40 occurrences as of June 2015). Those objects could be re-tagged.
- I found healthcare=blood_bank (26 occurrences as of June 2105) in the database and have found it not to be affected by this proposal. As far as I can tell, this means a place where blood is stored, not one where you can donate (if some are meant to mean collection centres, I find blood_bank to be a bad choice anyway, because the term blood bank generally refers to the storage place).
|Current tagging as seen in the wild||Proposed tagging|
blood:whole=yes/no, blood:plasma=yes/no, blood:platelets=yes/no, blood:stemcells=yes/no
- I approve this proposal. Dr Centerline (talk) 00:42, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. amenity=donation is too generic a tag for "facilities where you can donate body products". In addition the proposal needs English language corrections. And a way to tag unattended facilities. Brycenesbitt (talk) 08:04, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. +1 for to generic. not only donation is to generic, also milk should better be changed to breast_milk Aighes (talk) 17:56, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. amenity=donation does not fit and is too general for only tagging juices! It could also be used for donating clothes, books, etc. Vademecum (talk) 18:34, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I appreciate that this proposal does not interfere with existing tags, and that it avoids silly _type subtags. The only flaw I see is donation:facility=hospital which is certainly redundant to a location inside an amenity=hospital. --Fkv (talk) 18:50, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. [OP] I've created a proposal that replaces this one and addresses the issues raised here: Blood donation 2 —M!dgard [ talk | projects | current proposal ] 13:36, 11 June 2015 (UTC)