|amenity = freeshop|
|A facility larger than a amenity=give_box where people drop off and pick up various types of items in the sense of free sharing and reuse. Consists of one or several, dedicated room(s).|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag amenity=freeshop is used to map a facility where people drop off and pick up various types of (none food) items such as clothes, small appliances, dishes, toys, books, CDs in the sense of free sharing and reuse. They are known as free shop, give-away shop, free store or swap shop.
The facility works on the same principles as a give box but consists of one or several dedicated, separated rooms (just like a regular shop). It is usually, but not always, staffed (by volunteers) and often has opening hours. The principles are free sharing, reuse, solidarity, and organized by the community.
- If it is too small to be entered or does not consist of separated, dedicated room(s), use amenity=give_box instead.
- brand=*, network=*
- website=*, contact:website=*
Pictures wanted! Add yours here.
None so far. (As of 2021-09-11)
- amenity=give_box - For a smaller amenity of the same purpose that does not consist of separated, dedicated room(s).
- amenity=public_bookcase - For a give box where only books are preferred.
- social_facility=food_bank - For a place you can give and take food.
- amenity=recycling - For a place where you can give things but not take.
- shop=charity or shop=second_hand - For a shop where you can buy or donated second hand goods.
- amenity=library, amenity=toy_library, shop=rental - For places where you can borrow things.