Jump to navigation Jump to search
|shop = second_hand|
|A shop selling second hand goods|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A privately owned shop selling second hand goods, purely for the benefit of the owner (not for charity). Also known as a "resale shop" or "thrift shop" in some areas. A "consignment shop" is a specific type of second hand shop.
How to map
Possible tagging mistakes
Tags to use in combination
- shop=antiques - A shop where you can buy antiques
- shop=charity - Charity shops are usually second hand shops too, but are a very distinct concept, in that they are run by various charities, typically entirely staffed by volunteers and usually only sells whatever is donated to them.
- shop=books - A book shop. For second hand bookshops, use this with second_hand=yes for a more specific kind of shop
- shop=clothes - A clothes shop. For second hand clothes shops, use this with second_hand=yes for a more specific tag kind of shop
- WikiProject CircularEconomy - A page explaining how to describe all circular economy : second_hand shop, re-use, container, compost, public bookcase, shop without packaging, self repair workshop...