|shop = second_hand|
|A shop selling second hand goods|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop selling second hand goods. Also known as a "resale shop" or "thrift shop" in some areas. A "consignment shop" is a specific type of second hand shop.
Note that there are some stores named "second hand and antiques" clarifying that "this store sells both cheap and expensive stuff, but not a single new item". There are some shops selling used teddy bears together with used expensive jewellery and so-old-that-actually-valuable stuff. Some will sell have used cars offered for sale there together with clothes, furniture, electronics, kitchen utilities and so on.
As result sometimes there is no more fitting shop value.
How to map
Possible tagging mistakes
Tags to use in combination
- shop=antiques - A shop where you can buy antiques
- shop=charity - Charity shops are usually second hand shops too, but are a very distinct concept, in that they are run by various charities, typically entirely staffed by volunteers and usually only sells whatever is donated to them.
- shop=books - A book shop. For second hand bookshops, use this with second_hand=yes for a more specific kind of shop
- shop=clothes - A clothes shop. For second hand clothes shops, use this with second_hand=yes for a more specific tag kind of shop
- WikiProject CircularEconomy - A page explaining how to describe all circular economy : second_hand shop, re-use, container, compost, public bookcase, shop without packaging, self repair workshop...