|shop = books|
|A shop selling books.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop selling books like:
- a massive bookstore as part of a chain (e.g. "Borders", "Books etc", "Blackwells").
- a small shop or market stall.
- 2nd hand books. See special tagging scheme
- antique books.
- only books on a specialised topic. TODO: invent tags for these things
The shop should be predominantly selling books, but may sell other product lines e.g. stationery, calendars, newspapers & magazines.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- operator=* - indicates the operator of name of the company operating this feature
- opening_hours=* - hours of opening
- website=* - URL of this feature
- wheelchair=no/yes/limited - suitable for wheelchairs
- second_hand=* - If it sell 2nd hand books.
- amenity=library for a library that lends books
- shop=newsagent for a shop primarily selling newspapers and magazines.
- shop=stationery for a shop selling stationery
Cafes inside bookshops
It's quite common for large bookshops to have a little cafe inside. The best way to map these details, is to represent the large bookshop as a area around the building/shop perimeter and then place the cafe within this a separate node . If you prefer not to add the bookshop outline, just place a node at the approximate centrepoint, but map the cafe a separate node .
See Tag:amenity=cafe#Cafes inside other shops / amenities for more details