|amenity = courthouse|
|A building home to a court of law|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A(sometimes spelled court house) is a building that is home to a local court of law and often the regional county government as well, although this is not the case in some larger cities. The term is common in North America. In some other English speaking countries buildings which house courts are simply called "courts" or "court building".
Used to mark a courthouse. A place where justice is dispensed.
How to Map
Tags to use in combination
- addr=* - the address
- opening_hours=* - hours of opening
- contact:website=* / website=* / url=* - URL of this courthouse
- phone=* - phone number of this courthouse
- operator=* - indicates the operator operating this courthouse
- wheelchair=no/yes/limited - suitable for wheelchairs