|building = stable|
|A building or part of a building that is used as a stable for horses|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
How to map
If a building as a whole represents a stable, first map the building as usual and tag it with building=stable or alternatively as building=* with a different value and the tag building:use=stable. The latter variant is recommended in case the building was not originally built as a stable but is now used as one.
If only part of a building is used as a stable, first map the building but use the tag building=yes (or whatever value is most appropriate), then map the area of the stable within the building as a polygon and add building:use=stable to it.
|building=stable||A building that is solely used as a stable for horses.|
and another polygon
|A stable for horses that is only part of a larger building.|
|The building is now used as a stable, but was not originally built as one.|
- If you want to map a riding stable, i.e. a facility where people go in their spare time and practice horse riding, see instead leisure=horse_riding.
- If other animals than horses are kept there, please consider the tag building=sty for pigs and building=cowshed for cows.
- amenity=animal_boarding for animal boarding facilities
- amenity=animal_shelter for animal shelters
- Short discussion about the status of building=stable