|building = tent|
|A building mainly consisting of sheets of fabric or similar|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A tent is a building consisting of sheets of fabric or other material draped over, attached to a frame of poles or attached to a supporting rope.
In OSM only stationary or at least seasonal tents are to be mapped as buildings.
How to map
It is also OK to set a node at its center, if mapping as area is impossible.
tent used for hippotherapy
Plastic greenhouse 
tent used as hangar
Marquee in front of a restaurant
- building=ger - a ger or yurt
- building=roof - a roof with no wall on 2 or more sides
- building=static_caravan - a mobile home or static caravan, permanently in one place
- building=pavilion - a sports pavilion, providing facilities for users of sports grounds
- building=marquee - a variety of large tent often used to shelter summer events such as shows, festivals, and weddings