Jump to navigation Jump to search
|generator:source = wind|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A wind turbine is a device that converts kinetic energy from the wind into mechanical energy. If the mechanical energy is used to produce electricity, the device may be called a wind generator.
How to map
Set a node at the centre.
Tags used in combination
- power=generator (obligatory)
- generator:source=wind (obligatory)
- generator:output:electricity=* (obligatory)
- generator:type=horizontal_axis - the most common windmill-style blades on a rotor
- generator:type=vertical_axis - a fairly rare helix-shaped rotor that rotates around the tower
- height:hub=* - height of centre of rotor above ground
- rotor:diameter=* - diameter of rotor
- rotor:swept_area=* - rotor area in square meters. It is also called the 'capture area'.
Offshore wind farm
For an offshore wind farm, draw the outline and add:
Wind farms ashore
A wind farm on land is the sum of all wind turbines. They are summarized with a relation of the type=site.
- wind farms for a list of known wind farm relations.
- Here you can find this tagging preset for JOSM.