|man_made = windmill|
|A traditional windmill|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A traditional, largely constructed from wood or brick/stone. Historically often used to mill grain.
Attention! Do not use for: modern
How to Map
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - Many historical windmills are named individually.
- building=windmill - Smock and tower mills are also buildings. In these cases it can be appropriate to put all tags on the outline.
- windmill:type=post/tower/smock - indicate whether it's a , a or a
- functional=yes/no - Is the windmill still fully functional? Can it still mill grain (or whatever it was used for), even if it's really been out of service for years?
- windmill:disused=yes - Mill equipment is out of service. The building can also be used for other purposes, for example, living, cafe, exhibition
- abandoned:man_made=windmill - submitted by the owner and no longer serviced
- ruins=yes - if it is a ruin
- windmill:vanes=yes/no if the windmill vanes (or sails) still exists
- mock=yes if it is a mock mill (a fake, or dummy) which never contained any machinery.
- tourism=attraction - Is it worth visiting?
- access=* - Is it possible for the general public to enter it, even if only occasionally?
- start_date=* - When was it built?
- wikipedia=* - reference to possible Wikipedia article
- wikidata=* - reference to possible wikidata item for the windmill
If a cafe is in the same building add another point and the corresponding properties. (See One feature, one OSM element)
|Picture/Description||Tags||OSM Carto "standard" style|