Jump to navigation Jump to search
|generator:source = wind|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a device that converts kinetic energy from the wind into mechanical energy. If the mechanical energy is used to produce electricity, the device may be called a wind generator.
At wind farms there is a list of known wind farm relations.
Attention! Do not use for:traditional windmills, historically used to mill grain with wind power.
How to map
Set a node at the center.
- power=generator (obligatory)
- generator:source=wind (obligatory)
- generator:output:electricity=* (obligatory)
- height:hub=* - height of center of rotor above ground
- rotor:diameter=* -diameter of rotor
- rotor:swept_area=* - Rotor area in square meters. It is also called the 'capture area'.