|landuse = construction|
|An area being built on.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
An area of land being built on.
How to map
- construction=residential (the kind of construction, usually what the landuse-tag should be when the construction is complete)
- operator=The Building Company Ltd
- opening_date=* can be used to indicate the date the feature opened or construction of the feature finished (do not use end_date=*)
Tags on additional objects
- building=construction to map single buildings which are under construction. Usually you would use landuse=construction to tag the whole construction area, which is generally bigger than the building outline(s), and create new, separate objects for the under-construction buildings with this tag.
As with many other tag such as building=* or landuse=cemetery mapping such features as areas is highly preferable. But in some cases one may be able to mark location of a construction site but unable to mark its area.
- landuse=greenfield - Land scheduled for new development where there have been no buildings before. A greenfield site is scheduled to turn into a construction site at some point in the future, though the timing may be unclear
- landuse=brownfield - Brownfield is a land which was previously developed which is not currently in use
- Proposed features/Wasteland - Past tag proposal for land not used for anything - not maintained or with any planned use.
- highway=construction - A highway (road, track or path) currently under construction
- Original proposal for this tag