Jump to navigation Jump to search
|shop = tailor|
|A place where clothing is made, repaired, or altered professionally, especially suits and men's clothing.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A place where clothing is made, repaired, or altered professionally, especially suits and men's clothing.
- craft=tailor - A tag mostly used for the same thing. Some mappers prefer to use the shop key only for places where goods are sold (not services like a tailors) however this shop=tailor tag is older and still used more.
- craft=dressmaker - Makes clothing for women (dresses!). In some ways very similar to tailor, but the front-of-shop service would tend to have a very different feel.
- shop=fabric - A shop where materials are sold for DIY tailoring. It may also offer tailoring services or teaching, but the focus is on selling cloth, thread and similar materials to home users.
Tags used in combination
- tailor:alteration_service=yes/no - Alteration and repair of clothes are done.
- tailor:bespoke_tailoring=yes/no - Clothing are made to buyer's specification.
dry_cleaning=yes/no Whether they accept clothes for dry cleaning here. The actual washing may be done elsewhere.