|shop = second_hand|
|A shop selling second hand goods|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop selling second hand goods. Also known as a resale shop or thrift shop in some areas. A consignment shop is a specific type of second hand shop.
Note that there are some stores named "second hand and antiques" clarifying that "this store sells both cheap and expensive stuff, but not a single new item". There are some shops selling used teddy bears together with used expensive jewellery and so-old-that-actually-valuable stuff. Some will sell have used cars offered for sale there together with clothes, furniture, electronics, kitchen utilities, and so on.
As a result, there is sometimes no more fitting shop value.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- shop=antiques - A shop where you can buy antiques
- shop=charity - Charity shops are usually second hand shops too, but are a very distinct concept, in that they are run by various charities, typically entirely staffed by volunteers and usually only sells whatever is donated to them.
- shop=books - A book shop. For second hand bookshops, use this with second_hand=yes for a more specific kind of shop
- shop=clothes - A clothes shop. For second hand clothes shops, use this with second_hand=yes for a more specific tag kind of shop
- WikiProject CircularEconomy - A page explaining how to describe all circular economy: second_hand shop, re-use, container, compost, public bookcase, shop without packaging, self repair workshop, ...