Jump to navigation Jump to search
|sport = swimming
|A place where people swim for sport.
|Used on these elements
|Status: de facto
|Tools for this tag
A place where people can swim for sport. It is not used for kiddie pools or pools used for recreation.
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - The name of the swimming facility
- leisure=sports_centre - A swimming facility
- leisure=swimming_pool - A pool used for sport swimming
- leisure=swimming_area - A water area that has been designated to be used for sport
|Indoor swimming pool
|Open-air swimming pool area
|Recreational Pool (water area only)
|An official open-space natural place
- The tags for the building type and the use can alternatively be placed on separate objects (e.g. a node with leisure=sports_centre + sport=swimming inside of an area with building=*). In this case indoor=yes can be added to the object inside of the building. leisure=sports_hall can be an alternative to leisure=sports_centre; compare Swimming and bathing#Swimming pool facility.
- On the grounds of the swimming pool there may be also a non-swimmer pool, a paddling pool a slide, the main thing is a suitable swimming pool.
- leisure=bathing_place - An outdoor location without significant facilities that is commonly used for bathing; a wild swimming spot.
- leisure=water_park - The water park is distinguished from the swimming facility by features like water slides and advanced pools with artificial currents and by the fact that it is not suitable for doing swimming as a sport.
- leisure=playground + playground=splash_pad - For fountain-like areas designed for children to play in.