|tourism = hotel|
|Hotel - an establishment that provides paid lodging|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais an establishment that provides paid lodging, usually on a short-term basis. Hotels often provide a number of additional guest services such as a restaurant, a swimming pool and childcare. Some hotels have conference services and meeting rooms to encourage groups to hold conventions and meetings at their location.
How to map
There are multiple ways to map a hotel, for a given object use one of them.
As a campus
- Draw an area for the campus of the hotel, comprising buildings and outdoor areas. Apply tourism=hotel.
- Draw the area(s) for the building(s) inside the campus, and tag them with building=* according to their typology.
- If there are no outdoor areas, both the tourism and the building tags are applied to the building.
- Draw further facilities, such as amenity=parking or leisure=swimming_pool within the campus.
As a building
- Draw an area of the hotel building. Apply tourism=hotel and building=* (for building intended as hotel during construction use building=hotel).
As a node
If unable to make detailed survey one may
- create a node at the centre of the area with tourism=hotel.
- if possible, draw the area(s) for the building(s) inside the campus, and tag them with building=* according to their typology.
- addr=* Address
- wheelchair=no/yes/number of rooms
- Closed hotels, with traces of hotel remaining
- Use building=hotel for buildings constructed as hotels, even if used later for different purposes
Currently, there is a proposal that is able to deal with all kind of ratings (Such as stars, diamonds, etc.). See Proposed features/Awards and ratings. This system also proposes award:hotelstars=* for the European Hotelstar system.
- United Kingdom Food Hygiene Rating Service
In the UK, all premises that prepare or provide food are regularly inspected by the Food Standards Agency and given a hygiene rating of 1-5 stars. The UK community use fhrs:id=* to link to the official UK government Open Data on UK Food Hygiene Rating System. It is also an approved source for addresses.
|Picture/Description||Tags||Example map rendering|
- tourism=hostel, cheap accommodation with shared bedrooms
- tourism=motel, short term accommodation, particularly for people traveling by car