|train = yes|
|Specifies that a train stops at a feature|
|Group: public transport|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag train=yes is used to specify whether trains stop at a feature such as a train station or platform. This tag is mainly used for train stops which are not a tram=*, subway=* or monorail=* train stop. It may overlap with light_rail=yes in some cases.
This tag was approved for use with public_transport=stop_position only, when proposed at Proposed_features/Public_Transport, however it has also been used with other railway=* and public_transport=* feature tags.
How to map
- Add the tag train=yes to a feature such as a public_transport=stop_position to specify that trains stop at this feature. This is mainly useful when the same node is shared by a railway=* with a train and a highway=* with a bus, or by two railway=* types such as trams and light_rail.
- Also see the tag train=no - for a feature when trains do not stop there, even though they might otherwise be expected to. This may be more useful in many cases.
Some mappers add this tag to public_transport=platform and public_transport=station features, instead of adding the more common tags railway=platform and railway=station, however this tagging was not approved as part of the proposal and is not widely supported by database users.
- The Public_Transport proposal in 2011 approved using train=yes with public_transport=stop_position on a node on the railway=* way to show where a train usually stops at a platform, halt or station, however, database users may also obtain the same information from the railway=* on the way which the node shares.
- railway=platform - standard tag for marking railway platforms
- railway=station, railway=halt - standard tags for railway stations
- access=* - general access restrictions - while train=yes/no appears to be an access restriction, it is rarely used in this way
- tram=* - specifies whether trams or streetcars stop at a feature
- subway=* - specifies whether a subway train stops at a feature
- monorail=* - specifies whether a monorail vehicle stops at a feature
- light_rail=* - specifies whether "light rail" trains stop at a feature - unapproved tag