|water = ditch|
|The water covered area of a waterway=ditch - a simple artificial waterway serving as a barrier or for draining surrounding land.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag water=ditch is used with natural=water to map the water covered area of a waterway=ditch: a simple artificial waterway serving as a barrier or for draining surrounding land. Should contain a waterway=ditch way inside.
How to Map
Draw the ditch area outline.
If the ditch is very long, it must be divided into several segments.
Tags used in combination
- name=* - if the ditch has a commonly used name
- intermittent=yes - if the ditch is intermittently filled with water
- water=moat - A moat: a deep, wide defensive ditch, normally filled with water, dug to surround a fortified habitation
- water=canal - the water area of a canal, a man-made channel for water. Contains a waterway=canal way inside.
- water=drain - the water area of a drain, an artificial waterway used for carrying superfluous water, lined with concrete or similar. Contains a waterway=drain way inside.
- water=river or waterway=riverbank - the area of a river. Contains a waterway=river way inside.