- In Germany a picnic site is mostly related to hiking trails. So for me it's tourism. But it's also amentity. --Falcius 08:51, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- As a tourist I don't think a picnic site would be on my list of things to see. It doesn't sound like a tourist attraction. The hiking trail would be more worthy of some form of tourism tag, but then again anything could have a tourism tag applied because somebody might want to see or tour it. --Elyk 03:58, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- When I look at the other tourism=* tags I see similar problems with tourism=camp_site and tourism=hotel. So may be your definition is to close. Most people use tourism=* not only in your way for sights but also for touristic infrastructure. For this opinion have also a look at OSM tagwatch.--Falcius 08:10, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- In Germany a picnic site mostly consists a table with seats. In this case a barbecue grill is an aditional tag (barbecue_grill=yes). --Falcius 08:51, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
Table and benches
Should it be taken for granted that anything previously tagged as tourism=picnic_site has at least the bench and table, if not specified by, say, table=no? I could fill some parks with picnic_sites (distinct locations, even), but users might be mislead into thinking there's tables everywhere... Retagging all/most picnic_sites added to date with man_made=table and amenity=bench seems somewhat wasted time and runs into trouble when there picnic site is under a amenity=shelter and has a amenity=bench. amenity=toilets are usually some distance away when present. Alv 12:29, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- This still seems relevant to me, trying to add some public picnic tables (which should be picnic sites IIUC). You mention table=yes/no, but this is not documented on the page... Current usage in nl (based on a tiny sample) seems to be that tourism=picnic_site implies a table. OsmAnd (maybe also osm.org?) uses the picnic_site icon for both (on the main map, not when you select the poi). OsmAnd does great them as separate categories for searching, though.
Render on OSM
All nodes with this property are not displayed on OSM map.
--ComputerHotline 15:59, 6 May 2012 (BST)