From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|amenity = shelter|
|A small place to protect against bad weather conditions|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A shelter is small place to protect against bad weather conditions.
How to map
Add a node or area where the shelter is located, and add the amenity=shelter tag to it.
Tags to use in combination
- shelter_type=* - describes the type of the shelter accurately
- shelter_type=basic_hut - contained cottage
- shelter_type=lean_to - open shelter
- shelter_type=picnic_shelter - A design that provides protection against rain on picnic areas.
- shelter_type=rock_shelter - A rock shelter is a shallow cave-like opening at the base of a bluff or cliff
- bench=yes — To specify if there's a bench in the shelter.
- drinking_water=yes/no - Indication whether a feature provides drinking water