|tourism = wilderness_hut|
|A remote building, with generally a fireplace, intended to provide temporary shelter and sleeping accommodation, typically un-serviced and with no staff.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
- See on Wikipedia, on Wikipedia, on Wikipedia
A wilderness hut is an un-serviced remote building with a fireplace or heating stove intended to provide shelter and sleeping accommodation.
Required properties :
- Remote building found in the countryside
- The access is usually restricted to foot, mountain bike or ski.
- Free rent, open to the public, but may require an overnight fee in some countries (for huts for rent use tourism=chalet instead)
- No permanent human presence, no staff
- You will find suitable sleeping places
- Fireplace or stove for cooking and heating
- Fully closed (roof and walls)
Typically made of stone or wood. May need for keys to enter, owner access through restricted tracks might still be possible, also access by cablelift or helicopter.
|shower||yes/no/hot/cold||Are showers available. If showers are available inside.|
|mattress||yes/no||If mattresses are available|
|drinking_water||yes/no||If water is available inside (or aside).|
|toilets||yes/no||If toilets are available inside.|
|yes - reservation is possible|
no - there is no reservation option for this amenity
required - you have to reserve if you want to sleep at the hut
recommended - you should make a reservation
members_only - reservation is only possible for members of the organisation running the hut
|access||yes/private||the hut is locked and can be used only with permission of the owner|
Other useful generic tags :
- ele=* elevation
- name=* name
- capacity=* sleeping capacity
- fee=yes require overnight fee
- fireplace=yes if there is a fireplace to heat the hut
- description=* fill more information with text
- access=* useful values are access=yes and access=private. NOTE. This tag should not be confused with the status of the operator (e.g., DAV/CAF/SAC owned vs. privately owned. Private would indicate that the hut is only open to members or associates of the owning organisation (this is the typical status for mountain huts in the UK, see discussion).
- operator=* typically used to indicate huts owned or maintained by a specific organisation. E.g. Mountain Bothy Association, Österreichischer Alpenverein, administration of forest or national parks.
- tourism=alpine_hut - A remote building located in the mountains intended to provide board and lodging.
- amenity=shelter + shelter_type=basic_hut - A basic hut is a small building intended to provide basic shelter and sleeping accommodation.
- amenity=shelter + shelter_type=lean_to - A lean-to is a shed with typically three walls located in the countryside intended for camping.
- Complete proposal Proposed_features/Wilderness_hut