Established as non-profit "Community Interest Company", OpenStreetMap United Kingdom C.I.C aims to
- Increase the quality and quantity of data about the UK in OpenStreetMap.
- Improve and increase the size, skills, toolsets and cohesion of the OpenStreetMap community in the United Kingdom.
- Promote and facilitate the use of OpenStreetMap data by individuals and organisations in the United Kingdom.
- Promote and facilitate the release by organisations in the United Kingdom of data that is suitable for use in OpenStreetMap.
The OpenStreetMap Foundation maintains a list of Local Chapters. It is expected that the UK company will eventually become a Local Chapter (i.e. be affiliated with the OpenStreetMap Foundation).
- Running the UK Quarterly Project
- Early days:
- Community survey:
- To measure interest a survey was distributed. Results here.
- 2015-12-17 (minutes)(this page did not exist yet)
- Initial kick off meeting in which we discussed ideas of what the group could focus on, the region it should cover, the temporary name (project name), and volunteers for the initial working group.
- 2016-01-27 (minutes + /Minutes/2016-01-27) (this page at time of meeting)
- Discussed the objectives and legal structure. Jerry shared early research on Constitution.
- 2016-03-17 (minutes)
- Initial discussion on Articles of Association
- 2016-04-21 (notes)
- Worked on the Articles of Association including topics related to the AGM and Directors General Authority.
For more recent organisation minutes see https://osmuk.org/the-cic/minutes/