UK Quarterly Project
Each project pushes the UK map forwards in quality and coverage. It provides a short-term focus for activity.
Near the end of each quarter a number of UK quarterly project ideas are thrown into the ring. It may not have been their time, or they need to be worked up further, or they may trigger further thoughts. A 'good' project involves: discussions on how to best tag (from prior experience and learning during the project); a simple, approachable task with tooling to assist; monitoring and reporting of progress; scope for individuals to do their own thing; creation of Open Source software; generation of United Kingdom Tagging Guidelines; wider coverage of OSM and OSMUK.
Note that we will decide on the subject of the Project before the quarter begins.
- UK 2021 Q4 Project: Waste and Recycling
- UK 2021 Q3 Project: Tourism
- UK 2021 Q2 Project: Buildings
- UK 2021 Q1 Project: Green Spaces
- UK 2020 Q4 Project: Defibrillators
- UK 2020 Q3 Project: Cycling Infrastructure
- UK 2020 Q2 Project: GP Surgeries and Healthsites
- UK 2020 Q1 Project: Paths through parks and nature reserves
- UK 2019 Q4 Project: Fixmes and Notes
- UK 2019 Q3 Project: Solar Power
- UK 2019 Q2 Project: Retail Areas
- UK 2019 Q1 Project: Food Hygiene Ratings
- UK 2018 Q4 Project: Addresses and Postcodes revisited
- UK 2018 Q3 Project: Paths and rights of way
- UK 2018 Q2 Project: Post offices
- UK 2018 Q1 Project: Petrol stations
- UK 2017 Q4 Project: Addresses and Postcodes
- UK 2017 Q3 Project: Bus Route Relations & Station Entrances
- UK 2017 Q1 Project: Water
- UK 2016 Q4 Project: Food Hygiene Ratings - mailing list post
- UK 2016 Q3 Project: Farms - mailing list post
- UK 2016 Q2 Project: Healthcare
- UK 2016 Q1 Project: Schools - kick off blog
- UK 2015 Q4 Project: Nature reserves - mailing list post
- UK 2015 Q3 Project: Visitor attractions - mailing list post
- UK 2015 Q2 Project: Deliveries - mailing list post kick off blog
- UK 2015 Q1 Project: Road names - mailing list post kick-off blog
The standard contact methods of [Talk-GB https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb] and changeset comments are used, we also talk and vote on Loomio. You can contact the OSM UK board privately at email@example.com.
We encourage the use of the hashtag #ukqp on changeset comments. Note that this isn't widespread yet, and can't be used to identify edits.
Each project lasts 3 months. When successful they stick around with contributors long after. We aim to announce them on Talk-GB prior to the start of the quarter.
Tools and Data Sources
Each project has different sets of tools and sources, each project page should list them.
This is a community project, there is no extensive list of accounts involved. It is organised by OSM UK, but participation is not limited to OSM UK members.