You may want to prepare upcoming large-scale changes, such as a new mobility plan in a city coming into effect soon. There's no automatic mechanism for this in OSM. Some options:
- Wait until it's in effect and map it then (simplest).
- Map the new situation with lifecycle prefix tags such as planned:* (see below).
Prepare the changes in JOSM and upload them later(discouraged because of the risk of edit conflicts).
- For a street name change, add planned:name=New Street. And ideally also planned:addr:street=New Street on objects that have addresses. (Obviously, replace New Street with the new street name.)
- If a one-way street will reverse direction, add planned:oneway=-1.
- If motorized traffic will be banned, except mopeds, mofas and speed pedelecs, add planned:motor_vehicle=no planned:moped=yes planned:mofa=yes planned:speed_pedelec=yes.
Also add a note for other mappers to all objects, e.g. note=Prepared edits for new mobility plan coming into effect on 2023-09-15. (Tip: Save this text somewhere in a file so you can copy-paste.)
Ask in your local community to find an experienced mapper to apply these changes, it will probably take them only half an hour with Overpass and JOSM. Shameless promotion: if you don't find an experienced mapper who does this for free, M!dgard can assist you with this for a fee.
I highly welcome suggestions for improvement on the Talk page.