|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the User:Dcapillae page and its related topics.|
|Si lo prefieres, puedes dejar un mensaje en mi página de discusión en español.|
Hi Dcapillae, what use do those new lines have? https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=ES:QGIS&diff=1327218 r https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=ES:FAQ&diff=prev&oldid=1327219 They seem to be too much. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 21:17, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, Aseerel4c26! I'm sorry, I have been translating the names of some categories following the translation convention of the Wiki. For example, from English (Category:ES:Translations out of sync) into Spanish (Category:ES:Traducciones desfasadas). I was checking the wiki pages with these translated categories to fix possible mistakes with the new names. Really my editions are not relevant at all, so I will undo these editions. Thank you and sorry again (I am still learning to edit the Wiki). --User:Dcapillae (talk) 23:23, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
- ¡Hola! :-) Really not a problem, just a bit strange. And, in fact, I have misinterpreted one of your changes. At ES:QGIS a superfluous newline was there even before your edit. You just added a space character. At ES:FAQ you also added a space where there should not be one. Maybe the editor was not behaving hat good for your. Anyway: thanks for your help here at the wiki! Just continue!
- Usually I watch the talk pages where I write, so I do not need a reply notice (for the next time). Thanks anyway! --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 20:17, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you, Aseerel4c26! I am learning to edit the wiki and, at the same time, translating some articles, category pages, etc. The OSM wiki in Spanish is fine, but needs some translation works. --User:Dcapillae (talk) 23:16, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
Gracias por QMapShack!
- Thank you, Aseerel4c26! I have translated some pages related to hiking and some other articles about relief maps. Also creating categories in Spanish for the wiki. I would like to translate more articles about online services and software for hikers. It is an interesting work: learning to use OSM and learning about the organization of the wiki at the same time. Perhaps more pages in Spanish means more Spanish people using OSM. I hope! --User:Dcapillae (talk) 21:22, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
ES:Control de calidad
- Thank you, Aseerel4c26! Quality assurance tools are very important. I will try to keep the documentation updated following the changes in the English version. There is a lot of translation work to do on the wiki. Translating the wiki into Spanish is an easy way to promote OpenStreetMap among the Spanish-speaking community. -- User:Dcapillae (talk) 09:20, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
Pairs of user categories
I notice that you have bee creating pairs of user categories such as Category:Users in Buenos Aires and Category:ES:Usuarios en Buenos Aires, and others like them. Have you documented anywhere what these categories are for?--Andrew (talk) 18:34, 14 January 2017 (UTC) Andrew (talk) 18:34, 14 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, Andrew!
- I am translating the categories into Spanish in order to a better Spanish version of the wiki and a better wiki organization in general. I understand that some categories should not be translated (or I would not know how to do it). For example, it may not be suitable to create different categories for Category:Images in each language (too confusing!).
- In the case of user categories, I started to create them because they are used by Málaga and ES:Málaga. The user categories in this case are Category:Users in Málaga and Category:ES:Usuarios en Málaga (new). in different languages. For example, this template requires different user categories in English and Spanish in
Spanish Related Terms
Hola! I have noticed that you are adding Spanish related terms to the English version of the pages. Wouldn't be better to add these just to Spanish pages? The user would be directed to the Spanish version while searching for this term, no? Chrabros (talk) 10:01, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hola, Chrabros! Thank you! I will follow your recommendation: I will add the terms in Spanish only in the Spanish version of the page. I have some doubts when using the ES:Tag:landuse=cemetery. -- User:Dcapillae (talk) 11:53, 22 February 2017 (UTC) template. I know they are useful for finding pages in the wiki using native language terms, but I do not know if I should also leave the English related terms on the translated page. I generally leave the terms in English and add some terms in Spanish, for example,
When you move pages, like this https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ES:WikiProject_Uruguay ¿Wouldn't it be better to add a warning that the updated and complete page is the other? --Muralito (talk) 15:30, 13 March 2017 (UTC)
- ¡Hola, Muralito! Me parece buena idea. En la versión de la página en inglés del Wikiproyecto España se incluye precisamente una nota informativa en ese mismo sentido. Las versiones de los wikiproyectos en idioma nativo normalmente suelen estar más desarrolladas y son más frecuentemente actualizadas. No viene mal recordárselo a los visitantes de la página en otros idiomas. --User:Dcapillae (talk) 17:24, 13 March 2017 (UTC)
Hi Dcapillae, I've got a question about your edit on the documentation for the conveying key: What's your reason for using the Wikipedia template here instead of the inter-wiki link syntax? --Tordanik 14:42, 30 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, Tordanik! The links using the Wikipedia template are more explicit (wiki guidelines). Please, feel free to change it if you do not like this solution. I like it because you can know that it is a link to Wikipedia (and not a link to another page on the OSM Wiki) by the symbol "W". I usually use templates, and I had used them on the translated Spanish page. I thought it would be a good idea to use them also in the English version. Please, feel free to change them if you prefer other solution. --User:Dcapillae (talk) 19:41, 30 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for the link to the guidelines, I can understand the reasons now. --Tordanik 15:16, 7 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi :) Big thanks for translating certain area:highway tags documentations to Spanish! I've updated oryginal English documentations (see "Area tags" column), because I found out that crossings mapping wasn't described correctly in my oryginal version. Can you update also Spanish translation? Tomasz W (talk) 13:07, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, Tomasz W. Yes, no problem. I am following the English pages to update the Spanish translations when there are changes. The Spanish translations are already updated following the latest updates (Oct 17, 2018). --User:Dcapillae (talk) 16:58, 18 October 2018 (UTC)
Need ES help with long descriptions
Hi, I was migrating key/tag descriptions to the new Data items, and noticed there are some Spanish wiki pages with descriptions longer than 250 characters. Could you help make them shorter? Without it, iD editor will show strange truncated version. Also, please make sure there are no wiki markup in the description. Feel free to update EN too. Thanks!!! --Yurik (talk) 06:25, 5 February 2019 (UTC)