|Description of a (possible) error in the map|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
|If you are looking for an easy way to add your bug report, you can also use Notes.|
The fixme key allows contributors to mark objects and places that need further attention. These can be in the form of a "note to self" or request for additional mapping resources.
Its distinction from note=* is that fixme is only to express that the mapper thinks there is an error, while note might be information to other mappers. Alternate forms include FIXME=* and note=FIXME.
You should not use it for errors that can be be automatically detected by error detection tools.
- comment=* — for adding text describing the changeset to other mappers.
- description=* — for adding text that might be viewable to the end user.
- note=* — A note to yourself or to other mappers.
- noexit=no — For tagging incomplete ways (not completely surveyed) as such
- source=* — For indicating the source of unconfirmed data
Use fixme=resurvey for objects with unconfirmed coordinates together with source=*.
A way with
- highway=residential together with
- fixme=this section of highway ABCD added from memory, add a gpx trace and adjust
A node or way in an interchange with
- fixme=This interchange is complete with the exception of the SB to WB ramp to Highway ABCD. Would an OSM commuter who takes that ramp trace it please?
An otherwise untagged way surrounding some part of a town with
- fixme=resurvey names in this area, entered from memory
An otherwise untagged node with
- fixme=this area has some missing streets
when a surrounding way cannot be drawn (due to not knowing how far the problem extends)
|amenity=place_of_worship with fixme=yes||It is unclear what the mapper should check.||amenity=place_of_worship with fixme=check if evangelical or lutheran|
|tourism=museum with note=FIXME||What are the problems?||tourism=museum with fixme=check the name, I found two|
|A missing tag that is expected in a combination such as a name on a street, tracktype on a track, etc. I forgot to check name/tracktype/x can someone go there and check that ?||Other mappers already know the tag x is missing because there is no tag x! If you desperately want to fix tag x, go back there! Spamming the fixmes with "please improve this place" will probably reach the opposite goal where mappers are going to get the alert tools spammed!||If found, delete the fixme ;-)|
This is not a tag for robots nor for any automated edits
This page says The fixme key allows contributors to mark objects (…), and I think contributors means "humans" contributors with "manual" contributions, not automatic bot editing and adding mass of fixme everywhere to flood other interesting "fixme" requests of other mappers.
- Statistics for "fixme" tag (in lowercase) (at Openstreetmap taginfo)
- layers.openstreetmap.fr - Shows fixme's texts on a map e.g. Doesn't work with uppercase FIXME
- Keep right - Violet zig-zags with mouseover bubbles e.g.
- OSM Inspector - Shows ways & nodes as blue icons + text when zoomed in. e.g.
- JOSM/Validator includes a test for fixmes (when WARNINGS are enabled) and displays an icon on nodes tagged with fixme.
- ITO Map has a layer that displays ways with the fixme tag
- On an android smartphone Openfixmap can show objects with fixme tags near you (because it downloads Keep right points.)
- Taglocator displays markers for objects with a fixme tag (Choose "Various" layer -> fixme ) Example on London