description of a (possible) error in the map
|If you are looking for an easy way to add your bug report, you can also use Notes.|
The fixme key allows contributors to mark objects and places that need further attention. These can be in the form of a "note to self" or request for additional mapping resources.
Its distinction from note=* is that fixme is only to express that the mapper thinks there is an error, while note might be information to other mappers. Alternate forms include FIXME=* and note=FIXME *.
You should not use it for errors that can be be automatically detected by error detection tools.
- comment=* — for adding text describing the element to other mappers.
- description=* — for adding text that might be viewable to the end user.
- note=* — A note to yourself or to other mappers.
- noexit=no — For tagging incomplete ways (not completely surveyed) as such
- source=* — For indicating the source of unconfirmed data
Use fixme=resurvey for objects with unconfirmed coordinates together with source=*.
A way with
- highway=residential together with
- fixme=this section of highway ABCD added from memory, add a gpx trace and adjust
A node or way in an interchange with
- fixme=This interchange is complete with the exception of the SB to WB ramp to Highway ABCD. Would an OSM commuter who takes that ramp trace it please?
An otherwise untagged way surrounding some part of a town with
- fixme=resurvey names in this area, entered from memory
An otherwise untagged node with
- fixme=this area has some missing streets
when a surrounding way cannot be drawn (due to not knowing how far the problem extends)
| amenity=place_of_worship with
|mapper can't know what he should check.|| amenity=place_of_worship with|
fixme=check if evangelical or lutheran
| tourism=museum with
|What is the problems ??|| tourism=museum with|
note=FIXME and fixme=check the name, i found two
This is not a tag for robots nor for any automated edits
This page says The fixme key allows contributors to mark objects (…), and I think contributors means "humans" contributors with "manual" contributions, not automatic bot editing and adding mass of fixme everywhere to flood other interesting "fixme" requests of other mappers.
- Statistics for "fixme" tag (in lowercase) (at Openstreetmap taginfo) - 960 476 objects as of 2013-02-23
- Yet another validation tool for osm data - Shows fixme's texts on a map e.g. Doesn't work with uppercase FIXME
- Keep right - Violet zig-zags with mouseover bubbles e.g.
- OSM Inspector - Shows ways & nodes as blue icons + text when zoomed in. e.g.
- JOSM/Plugins/Validator includes a test for fixmes
- ITO Map has a layer that displays ways with the fixme tag